Intro

whatever

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm currently applying for officer entry on 2019 batch . Got as far as endurance course on my POC but got pulled for a back injury . Still only 17 though so plenty on time to get fit and recover.

Cheers to Ninja for the very literal name change by the way

Imperator13

Reaction score
Welcome, plenty of info and great boys and girls on this site!

Well done on getting that far at such a young age!! Plenty of time to get t nailed down for next time mate. All the best.

whatever

Reaction score
Welcome, plenty of info and great boys and girls on this site!

Well done on getting that far at such a young age!! Plenty of time to get t nailed down for next time mate. All the best.

Cheers mate. Having done the POC I can see getting fit enough to pass the RMFA isn't enough to pass the second day. Still managed to clock a pb on the BFT though.

With hindsight as well, I was quite physically immature compared to a lot of the older lads, I struggled a lot on bottom field at pull ups and carries, which then put me at the back for all the pays to be a winner stuff, which obviously then fragged my legs faster than the fitter blokes

Decided I'm going to apply for the paras as an officer for backup, but use the next year to smash phys and get as many experiences to make sure I pass POC and AIB

Imperator13

Reaction score
@whatever

I don’t what the difference are in a PRMC and a POC but just work on leg endurance and strength in the legs. Over the next year you will fill out more and get stronger with the RMFA scores so don’t worry just keep doing what you’re doing.

You could always look at Arnys training plan on here (many have used it, myself included, to smash PRMC).

You have the experience now. You will pass next time stay focused and committed!

whatever

Reaction score
@whatever

I don’t what the difference are in a PRMC and a POC but just work on leg endurance and strength in the legs. Over the next year you will fill out more and get stronger with the RMFA scores so don’t worry just keep doing what you’re doing.

You could always look at Arnys training plan on here (many have used it, myself included, to smash PRMC).

You have the experience now. You will pass next time stay focused and committed!

Will do mate, cheers. Don't fancy doing anthing else for a job so I'm in it to win it this time.