Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.
  1. Kel1508

Kel1508 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Now then everyone. I was medically discharged from the army in 2013 on week 26 of training after 2 operations on my ankle. Got a burning desire to give the marines a go and make a career. I'm 27 years old, 2 kids and the missus isn't too supportive of the idea! Sure I'm not the only one in this boat.

2. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Welcome. Just dive in.

3. Kel1508

Kel1508 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Wish it was that easy. Ive got a 3 year old and a 1 week old. I feel selfish even considering it but I don't want to get the age where I think what if.

4. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

I meant dive into the forum. :)
    A very young family is a major factor to consider. It crops up on the forum occasionally. An obvious option to consider is RMR.

It's worth trawling through the archives here using the search box to find similar circumstances. We also have a thriving Partner & Parent sub-forum. It is only visible to those who are verified as being in that category and offers support and honest answers to families.