Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.
  1. Hollenburger

Hollenburger New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Forum has been helpful, made an account to get stuck in. :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sly3

Sly3 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Welcome ! Are you in the application process ?

3. Hollenburger

Hollenburger New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Nope, not yet, still in full time education. :(

4. Sly3

Sly3 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Don’t join till you gain some life experience first, unless you truly know you can commit to a lifestyle that pushes you beyond your own limits.

And that limit I can imagine you’ve not gone past yet. Although I don’t know your limit, so I advise you to really get some insight a look at life and potentially getting a good idea about everything the lifestyle offers. Hope that helps.

5. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Welcome. At your stated age of fifteen the world is your lobster. Take a good browse through the information on the forum. The search function can help you find lots of specific answers.

If at school or college, make it work for you. You don't require academic qualifications to enlist as Other Rank but without the basics promotion prospects are limited. Other opportunities at college might include The Duke of Edinburgh's Award.

Don't be anxious to focus on weights in the gym. Use your running shoes for their designed purpose. :) And take advantage of general sports facilities at your college.
    Best of luck.

• Like Like x 2
  6. ex killick

ex killick Ex-Matelot

Jump feet in mate!

7. Hollenburger

Hollenburger New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Thanks for the words of advice, it's appreciated, I plan on joining at 21 for the aforementioned reasons along with a couple of other things. Would you recommend this, or perhaps a different age? Thanks again. ;)

8. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

9. Hollenburger

Hollenburger New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Thanks.:) Sorry for the ambiguous question :D

10. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Don't apologise. Any questions? Just ask away. It's the reason this forum exists.
    But as stated it's difficult to give anyone a recommendation because two peoples' exact circumstances are seldom alike.