Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.
  1. RexBanner

RexBanner New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Afternoon all,

Just wanted to get started on this forum as I've found it extremely helpful in terms of understanding the joining process and I'll definitely use it more as I start a fitness programme proper.

I'm an Irish national in my early 20s, about to finish my second last year of University. I'll start the application process in the next month, which will hopefully leave me in a position to at least have had a crack at PRMC by the start of summer 2020. I've always had an interest in the military (probably read too many Commando Comics as a young fella) and the easy life of Uni has left me certain that the RM is what I want to do for the foreseeable future.

Fitness at the moment is a mixed bag. Played pretty much every code I could at some point and still play fairly physical and competitive sport but in terms of the specific requirements for PRMC it obviously takes a concentrated effort. Very happy with my pull-ups and sit-ups at the moment, but push-ups (currently maxing out at 30 strict) and running need serious work. With the added complications of applying from Ireland, I want to be fairly confident of maxing out in every area beforehand.

Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  2. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Welcome. Plenty of information, comment and debate here. Just dive in.

For reasons of Personal Security (PERSEC) forum users may not use their actual names as user names. For the mods here who might be out of touch with popular culture (that's me) I'm guessing you're referencing the fictional character in The Simpsons?

Rex_Banner.png

• Like Like x 1