Introduction and a question about medical

Chris_PRMC

Reaction score
Hi there
i'm Chris and i'm currently living in hong kong and after i finish university in the UK (i'm still in secondary school) i will be signing up for the Royal Marines

i have a question regarding medical applications, i used to have flat feet but my podiatrist reckons that i'm ok now, does anyone know if you can join if you have flat feet? it doesn't affect me at all, i recently went on a hiking trip in the himalayas and i had absolutely no problems.

well thats about it for now hope to talk to some of you guys after i get to know you better

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Welcome to the site & good luck at Uni.

Flatfeet are not necessarily a bar to entry however depending on the degree to which it affects you, the Medical Examiner is the person that makes the call.

A word of caution with regard having flat feet- you are considerably more susceptible to getting shin splints so make sure you have well padded heels in your trainers, use sorbothane insoles if necessary, don't run on tarmac where possible & don't run in boots. Be aware 'prescribed' orthotic insoles will be an issue.

a flying dodo

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I had flat feet too, i had insoles and now im fines i know how you feel.

Chris_PRMC

Reaction score
many, many thanks guys, i was really worried, and to ninja, yes i am currently wearing insoles and my podistrist says the "flatness" is decressing each time i'm seeing him

New Threads