Introduction and a very big thank you

Fleet98

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
H All I am finally introducing myself after watching the site for many months

I am the very proud mum of a recruit currently doing hi 32 weeks training.

This site has brilliant help in him overcoming 2 knock backs in this process. The first because he was underweight at his interview then PMU for Kidney stones when he appealed and won! He I a star an I am so very proud.

So a big thank you to all who contribute on this site this has certainly helped from writing his appeal letter to getting him a foam roller for training. Although he did refuse to take an ironing board 400 miles *text deleted*

So can someone please add me to the parent group please

Thank you

Saracen1

Reaction score
Hi Fleet98

My son (18) is TMU as underweight at his medical.

Obviously needs to eat more than the fitness work he is doing.

He is creeping up slowly - any tips?

Fleet98

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi So sorry to hear that but I'm sure he will get there.

It tool my sons many months but he ate lots of protein and did use a Protein weight gain drink to start the ball rolling but eating lots of Protein is a good start

Tell him to stick with it it will come eventually

Hyperhippo

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hello both, just thought I’d offer some advice re gaining weight.

Don’t worry about special shakes or diets or the like, the only way to gain weight is to ensure you are in a calorie surplus I.e. consuming more calories than burning off.

Get your lad to download “Myftnesspal”, enter his height and current weight, his activity level, (assuming he’s training once a day 5 - 6 days a week and has a job/is at college etc, this’ll probably be “very active”) and his goal which is to gain weight. This’ll create a number of a calories and he can log in everything he eats throughout the day. After say 2 weeks, depending if he has gained weight at a rate he wants to you can adjust the calories up or down.

Best of luck to your son

Saracen1

Reaction score
Hello both, just thought I’d offer some advice re gaining weight.

Don’t worry about special shakes or diets or the like, the only way to gain weight is to ensure you are in a calorie surplus I.e. consuming more calories than burning off.

Get your lad to download “Myftnesspal”, enter his height and current weight, his activity level, (assuming he’s training once a day 5 - 6 days a week and has a job/is at college etc, this’ll probably be “very active”) and his goal which is to gain weight. This’ll create a number of a calories and he can log in everything he eats throughout the day. After say 2 weeks, depending if he has gained weight at a rate he wants to you can adjust the calories up or down.

Best of luck to your son

Thanks, we'll have a look at that app.

Understand that it has to be a long term goal so that any weight gained isn't lost once the focus is on cardio work for PJFT and, hopefully PRMC.

Hyperhippo

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, we'll have a look at that app.

Understand that it has to be a long term goal so that any weight gained isn't lost once the focus is on cardio work for PJFT and, hopefully PRMC.

Definately, once he’s reached his goal weight he can drop the calories slightly so that he can maintain the weight, the app will do all the maths for you

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
So a big thank you to all who contribute on this site this has certainly helped from writing his appeal letter to getting him a foam roller for training. Although he did refuse to take an ironing board 400 miles
Had you asked, we would've advised wearing a Surf Shack baseball cap (back to front), carrying a VW keyring & sporting a pair of Oakley shades resting on top of his head whilst carrying the ironing board. Works everytime.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
I'd be fascinated to learn why a surfer would need a cover for his/her surfboard whilst on a beach.

Does it stop it getting wet or something?