Introduction and PRMC questions

OllieCas99

Reaction score
Hi guys, did my PJFT a little over a week ago and managed a 9:42 pass, getting ready for a PRMC in early September. I'm using Arny's training plan but I've been sent this 12 week programme by my AGO.

Looking at this programme there seems a lot less running than on Arny's as well as having a lot of weight lifting which as far as I know the marines discourages.

Been told by my careers advisor to follow it to the letter and send fitness diaries but I'm worried that I'll be worse off if I do it.

Any advice or help would be much appreciated.

S

stringer98

Hi guys, did my PJFT a little over a week ago and managed a 9:42 pass, getting ready for a PRMC in early September. I'm using Arny's training plan but I've been sent this 12 week programme by my AGO.

Looking at this programme there seems a lot less running than on Arny's as well as having a lot of weight lifting which as far as I know the marines discourages.

Been told by my careers advisor to follow it to the letter and send fitness diaries but I'm worried that I'll be worse off if I do it.

I personally would stick to Arny's plan purely as it is specific to PRMC and as i'm sure i have seen him state before that its meant to help build you up to so much more then the PRMC, the plan has also been proven to work for many people on this site so.

Geespt

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
stick to arnys plan, works for what you need for the PRMC. Plenty of sets of pressups, situps and pullups!

However don’t write off weight lifting alltogether, deadlifts and front squats will help you with the firemans carry, lat pull downs will help with pullups and a superset of chest press & tricep pull downs will help with those press ups! You can fit these in after a run or cardio circuit in a gym!

Good luck with your training!

Imperator13

Reaction score
Arnys plan all the waaaaay.

Be over prepared. Not under. Train hard test easy boys!!:D

CHUB!

Careers Adviser
Reaction score

The whole point about Careers Advisers is we advise. You listen and choose to do with it what you want. My old boss always used to say 'if there is any doubt there is no doubt'. The fact that you are questioning your current plan would suggest you have misgivings. It is your future you choose. You already know that @arny01 plans are proven to get you to where you need to go. To that end I think you may have answered your own question.............have faith in your own judgement. :)

arny01

Ex Pongo.
Reaction score
The plan was designed to ensure those who undertook it passed PRMC at a good level. The Royal Marines demand “best effort” at all times, and the plan asks for “best efforts” in many sessions.

Based on feedback from those who have done it, it still seems relevant and those who complete it as prescribed seem to have very good results. Usually with a strong pass. This will provide the candidate with confidence prior to entering RT! And ensure the physical elements are fully squared away.

Funnily enough from the feedback I’ve had from the lads who’ve done the program and passed, Ive been able to gauge weather or not the candidate will pass or fail. This is based on the program being followed “as prescribed” and at full volume however.

There have been lads who have began the program, done it half hearted or “tweaked it” to better suit their needs.

All to my knowledge have failed PRMC.

OllieCas99

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the help guys, going to stick to Arny's plan and carry on with it. Thanks for the replies everyone :D