Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Introduction and question

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site' started by SpecialK, Mar 15, 2020.

1. SpecialK

SpecialK New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    So I recently did an RMAD last week on Thursday and my score we're 60 press-ups, 52 sit-ups, and 13 pull-ups. we only did the bleep test to level 8 and only just 1 1.5mile at a 10:30 pace but anyways we did a Determination test on our RMAD and it was all going fine until I started getting extremely bad cramps which started in my calves and then my quads, hamstrings, groin, and hip. It got to the point where at some points my legs just had a mind of their own and I physically couldn't move them, I still passed my RMAD but my PRMC will probably be within a few months and I was wondering if anyone that has experienced bad cramps has managed to end up reducing them or not get them. It could possibly be due to me doing a 6 mile run a few days before it which I normally do not do or possibly my diet. Any advice to help me avoid cramps such as exercises or certain stretches or what foods to eat would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

2. SCOTTY6

SCOTTY6 Royal Marines Commando

Salt can help avoid cramps, and keep hydrated as much as possible. For prmc train for what’s coming, make your circuits long, endurance is key. You don’t have to be the fastest just keep going.

It was always amusing in training, conducting wet and dry under a poncho, and hearing stifled swearing, coming from the bloke next to you due to cramp flaring up unexpectedly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  3. SpecialK

SpecialK New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it