Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Introduction - Big Decision

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site' started by Bobby F, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Bobby F

Bobby F New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Hi everyone,

I am currently at university and about to go into my final year of study. I have been contemplating joining the royal marines for many years now but automatically went down the route of university as I felt too young/immature at that time to join.

But I have now decided, after completing a placement year in a workplace related to my degree, that this route of working an office job does not fulfil me right now and feel I need to do something that I would be passionate about. I have found myself obsessively researching the royal marines even on my breaks at work as I know this is what I want to do.

I was wondering if anyone else on this forum has had a similar experience of going to uni then joining and if so how soon to start the application process as I would like to start RM training as soon as possible after graduating (graduation would be May 2021).

Thanks

2. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando, Moderator

You haven't said if you plan on joining as an officer or OR.

There was some figures around that claimed that a large number of ORs were educationally qualified to join as an officer, but chose the OR route, so whatever you wish to join as you won't be on your own with a degree.

Good luck

Alan

3. CallMeLucifer

CallMeLucifer Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Personally speaking, it has to do with the fact ORs have more hands-on roles. Also, having to manage the careers of many people is quite overwhelming.