Introduction/Boots Question

Wizard

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I've recently passed my PRMC.
With the boots that I've been given, I polished them for the first time, but for some reason I now have a black mark on them. Just wondering on how to get rid of it?

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I don't think you can really get rid of it to be honest. Did they get wet? Just keep putting loads of polish on and eventually it'll blend in or look less obvious.

Wizard

Reaction score
They didn't get wet, I used kiwi neutral polish and as soon as I applied it, the black mark appeared. Am I supposed to use something else?

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I've only ever used Kiki Dark Tan. I've had it before on my Altbergs (I assume you're using Haix if it's just after PRMC?) You can get rid of it so just applying loads of polish.

Wizard

Reaction score
Yes they are Haix. What polish/polish's should I use for them?

Wizard

Reaction score
Ok, I'll give that a try. Thanks for the advise guys.

Nod1201

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I had leder Gris but bought kiwi dark tan after prmc as the lads that had kiwi boots came up a lot better than the ones with leder Gris

JWJ

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Kiwi Dark Tan will discolour the boots to a maroony red pink colour, just a word of warning if you want to preserve their brown colour. Leder Gris MoD Brown will maintain the brown colour as will a few other polishes and I think there is a Kiwi colour that suits the brown and doesn't discolour it anywhere near as much as Dark Tan, called Mid tan or something