Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Introduction - don't let set backs set you back

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site' started by HotelBravoMike, Feb 11, 2019.

1. HotelBravoMike

HotelBravoMike Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Hi all!,

Long time lurker on the forums but thought I'd give a small intro to myself.

I applied straight out of highschool 3 years ago but dropped my app due to my family (4 brothers all got uni degrees) forcing me through uni. I was a bit sour after it but very glad I did because it gave me the time to physically and mentally mature. Now I've graduated I'm giving it another go to fulfil my dream!

In November I was shot back due to a broken nose sustained in an MMA fight a few years back and deemed unfit until surgery was done. I was given an estimated recovery period - 3 to 4 months to even begin properly running. After my check up at the turn of the year I was then given the all clear to begin running in a few weeks. However here I am 3 months later and I've just run my first return sub 10 mile BFT and I've never been happier.

My message to anyone that feels like it's the end of the world getting put TMU or PMU; it's not. I can tell you first hand that no matter how down or set back you feel, find the reason why you started and show yourself that you are capable.

Good luck to everyone!

• Like Like x 3