Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Introduction Post

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site' started by KingDom, May 9, 2019.

1. KingDom

KingDom New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Hi All
    Thanks for adding me on the forum, I’ve been reading it for a while and there’s loads of good info on here. I’m only 15 so don’t have much life experience right now, but I do know that I want to join the Royal Marines after finishing school next year, so I’ll keep u posted on my progress.

Good Luck

• Like Like x 3
  2. Johnny_Anonie

Johnny_Anonie Former Combat Medic

15 and already a king. Good effort.

Best of luck, don’t neglect your education though. The Corps isn’t going anywhere.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Sly3

Sly3 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Definitely get some life experience unless you’ve gone through hard times I wouldn’t know. But go and get some further qualifications if you can.

That being said if you don’t get yourself the worst low paying job you can find, and allow them to whip you around you’ll be able to tackle any obstacle come recruit training in the future and you’ll be able to cope with pressure.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Welcome to the site.

Life experience,mental maturity and fortitude are key contributing factors toward achieving success.

Knowing that is a good starting point, it's not all about fitness but without it, you're going nowhere fast ...literally. ;)

By life experience, living away from home and looking after yourself, be it in cadet organisations, lengthier school trips & suchlike are a good starting point, as indeed is a bit of work experience along the way.

Fully endorse the comments about academic achievement - all too often we get school-leavers who mistakenly think the Armed Forces will take anyone, so they can afford to mess-up at school.

Best of luck to you.

• Like Like x 2