Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.
  1. Buckandwhiskey123

Buckandwhiskey123 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Hi,

21 year old recent law graduate on the road to (hopefully!) becoming a YO. I have to admit to silently reading this forum for a few months now, but seen as my POC is next month (13th), I thought it best to create an account, if only to voice a few anxieties and potentially share some of my own limited experiences with the recruitment process and training.

I am considering making a post in relation to my current RMFA scores, as my sit ups are a large concern for me relative to all of the other disciplines- I've searched the archives for a score sheet for the POC, but could only come up with a 2018 post relating to the PRMC. I am certainly trying to get the best possible score I can in every discipline, but for the sake of sanity, I'd really appreciate it if anyone had any knowledge on the amount of discretion given to YO recruits in one specific discipline. Having spoken to my AFCO, I was led to believe as long as you can 'survive' in that discipline and do well in others, you have a reasonable chance of success. For context, my sit-ups are currently sitting at 37 to the bleep... Not ideal! (12 pull up/ 45 press up, 9 min return 1.5)

Anyway, sorry for rambling, and thank you for all of the content already provided on this forum, it truly is a goldmine for info!

Thanks,

L

2. TheRents

TheRents Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    @Buckandwhiskey123
    Obviously you have to reach the minimum numbers required for the different aspects of the gym tests, but you will also be scored for the other tasks you undertake during your POC.

So yes it is quite possible to bring up your overall score by excelling in the sections.

Remember POC is not just a pass or fail, your score together with that of your AIB will determine if you are selected for YO training.

Give it your all - don't quit on any of the phys, they are looking for grit and tenacity (if the TT think you are about to drop they will pull you)!

Most of all enjoy it, CTC is an amazing place and you are being offered a fantastic opportunity.

The very best of luck to you.

3. Buckandwhiskey123

Buckandwhiskey123 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    @TheRents Thank you very much for your response, I appreciate it.

As far as my own personal scores go, is it fair to say that asking questions such as ' with these scores would I be in with a chance of passing' and 'what are the minimum requirements for sit ups' equates to how long is a piece of string? I ask not becaue I dont fully intend of pushing for as many as I possible can achieve, but to set realistic expectations. I hope that makes some sense?

Thank you again.