Introduction/question

Ham_dog

Reaction score
Evening all,

I am ex regular army and currently with the army reserve.

However I've allways wanted to join the corps so I'm looking at applying to the RMR within the next 12 month's!

Can I stay with the army reserve and open a application for the RMR and leave when I get the green light from the RMR or do I have to terminate my service before applying to the RMR??

Thanks in advance gentlemen

posh_punter

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Did some training with a bloke in the Army Reserve who wanted to go RMR. He said he couldn't start the application until he had his discharge papers .

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
When I applied for the marines back in April I couldn’t go any further with my application until they received my army documents which ended up taking like 5 weeks to get as I didn’t have them anymore.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
You can apply to join the RMR whilst still serving in AR but will need to get your med docs for the medical and cannot commence RMR Recruit Training until discharged/transferred on JPA. For regular Army and RAF, to join the RMR you usually have to produce discharge documents before gaining approval to process. For regular RM to RMR you can transfer seamlessly without AFCO involvement.

Ham_dog

Reaction score
Thanks gents, @Ninja_Stoker will the AFCO request my med docs or will I have to get them?

Thanks again for all the info/advice

Ham_dog

Reaction score
Either. You can produce them upfront to speed things along or just wait for the pigeon post method.

Thanks again.

I'm presuming from the pigeon post refrence the application process for someone in my boat could be upto 12 month's?

Think ill make a start in my app!!

New Threads