Introduction, Rejoining next step psychometric.

Discussion in 'Welcome to the Royal Marines Site' started by Sly3, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Sly3

Sly3 New Member

Glad to be back on this handy forum.

Had been wanting to return to the marines since I made the mistake of leaving it's almost been two years since I've left but I've made the decison. That civie life just isn't cracking up to be what I hoped.

Reapplied after a year of stressful annoyances with an "apparent" heart murrmor that was never to have exsisted in the first place cheers doc ! And now I'm at square one with a daunting challenge.

I have been asked to attend my psychometric with 2 weeks to get ready, I am bricking it I barely scarped a pass the first time and I revised my head off. I have everything I need to pass but the maths is making me un easy it's my downfall. I struggle with it tremendously, I easily require valuable time to work answers out as I easily get confused with the equations in my head. I know this sounds paranoid but I'm wondering is 2 weeks not enough time to be prepared or should I get more time to be ready.

As honestly putting, I don't reckon anyone could be ready for such a challenge as the test is. Any one lookingto give advice for me is appreciated. As I only want to get in and not have to wait a year and waist valuable time !

Cheers and I hope to get to know some of you lads !

2. EdV

EdV Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Hi mate,

I think 2 weeks is plenty of time to crack the maths aspect, mate. Especially if the other parts aren't too much of an issue. Is there anything specifically you struggle with? If you PM me with some examples I can work through them with you and explain what you need to be doing and how to use the same techniques to work out other questions.

Massive respect to want to come back, the process has been hard enough for me once through and I've not even got to the 'difficult' bit yet!