Introduction - RMR

Wellington

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been using this site for a while now and it's been a great source of info in preparing for the application and training process.

Pleased to have passed my VPJFT and all medical checks just before Christmas and I am now part of the Holding Troop at RMR London (albeit yet to attend any phys or meet any of the other guys due to Covid!), awaiting my RROP later this summer.

I imagine I will have a few questions that will crop up between now and my RROP this summer, so just wanted to introduce myself in the first iinstance.

Look forward to chatting more soon.

Cheers,

chairboy92

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm also attempting to join RMR London, passed my VPJFT a couple of days ago and have also completed all medical checks. Out of interest, what date have you been given to start RROP? Just wondering what happens next.

crossjitsu

Reaction score
RROP last year was split into two, RROP1 during July, RROP2 during August, all those that passed then started training together in September. I imagine the plan will be similar COVID dependant of course. Any other questions feel free to PM me.

Wellington

Reaction score
Hi there,

The date I was given for the RROP was 18th Jun - 25 July, I'm guessing it will made up of 4 weekends within that?

The dates I was given for training was for it to commence formally on the 17th September.

Have you been down the barracks for an open day yet?

chairboy92

Reaction score
Hopefully I'll get the same dates then.

Shame there's a bit of wait, but gives more time to work on fitness, can't be a bad thing!

Haven't been for any open days, to be honest I wasn't aware they were currently happening.