Introduction

Kermenzie

Reaction score
Well that was a crap introduction XD, Lads my names Mack I've passed my medical I've failed the PJFT once attended a RMAD not sure how I did yet but I feel like it's going to be a bad result, Its seems as though I've got no problem with the press ups, pull ups and the sit-ups. its literally the VO2 and the BFT that is letting me down and I have no idea how to dramatically improve them other than just doing them over and over again.

Hubb97

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hi! As for the BFT mix it up, no point just running 3 miles every day and expecting it to go down, this will improve it a bit but certainly not the most effective way. If I were you I'd do:
1/2x Pjft practice- first run then 4x800m at 1.0kph quicker than the minimum pace (14.8 depending on the treadmill, all on 2% of course)
1x 6 mile, as quick as you can, up to 8 mile once PJFT passed
1x hill sprints
and maybe 1 more run, up to you.
I'm not far of 9 minutes outside but scrape 10 minutes on the Nuffield treadmills so you're not the only one struggling! Good luck, do you have another attempt booked yet>

Chick3nHawk01

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Well that was a crap introduction XD, Lads my names Mack I've passed my medical I've failed the PJFT once attended a RMAD not sure how I did yet but I feel like it's going to be a bad result, Its seems as though I've got no problem with the press ups, pull ups and the sit-ups. its literally the VO2 and the BFT that is letting me down and I have no idea how to dramatically improve them other than just doing them over and over again.
Welcome so you don't know your results of your failed PJFT? and it you want inbox me and I might be able to help if not you may have others to help
Thanks
RyanL

Nod1201

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys and welcome,

I did
2.4km on 12kph 2% 4x a week

Followed by 3x 800m sprints
Best effort 2.4km
Hill running 20 mins 2-6% incline change it up throughout work up to 6% gradually over 10 mins stick on it for 5 then work down slowly for a cool down keep the pace at 12kph if you can as that's the pace for the first run on pjft.

5 mile outdoor run with hills best effort completed in 35-45mins depending on the size of the hills you're incorporating

The first 3 all on treadmill
That's what worked for me - whenever you're on a treadmill make sure it on incline and do a mock every week and record your results I knocked 1 min off of mine in 2 months

I passed pjft with a. Time of 9:30.

Hope this helps.

Kermenzie

Reaction score
Hi! As for the BFT mix it up, no point just running 3 miles every day and expecting it to go down, this will improve it a bit but certainly not the most effective way. If I were you I'd do:
1/2x Pjft practice- first run then 4x800m at 1.0kph quicker than the minimum pace (14.8 depending on the treadmill, all on 2% of course)
1x 6 mile, as quick as you can, up to 8 mile once PJFT passed
1x hill sprints
and maybe 1 more run, up to you.
I'm not far of 9 minutes outside but scrape 10 minutes on the Nuffield treadmills so you're not the only one struggling! Good luck, do you have another attempt booked yet>

No, not yet. Once I failed my PJFT I phoned the afco and they said if I get a good BFT on the RMAD I would count as a pass and they would put me up for a PRMC but I got a crap time well disappointed, I was running a 9:46 return before I went there, I have no clue what happened the be honest.