Introduction

Mumofthree

Reaction score
Hi my eldest joined in November and it is Families Day this weekend. I am very excited to see how he's getting on and what his life is like now but it's just me coming as the pennies just don't spread far enough to bring the rest of the family down on a 5 hours train journey but we are all looking forward to Christmas.

Caversham

RM Commando, Crossed The Bar 13/12/2020
Reaction score
A warm welcome to you @Mumofthree! I see that you have been added to the P & P section. Plese introduce yourself on there, where you will receive support and advice to help you through the coming months.

Your son will welcome the fact that you have attended, but don't expect much conversation on the journey back home. My guess is that he will be fast asleep by the time the train pulls out of Exeter St Davids!

One last thing is that you mention that Families Day is "this weekend", when in fact it is Thursday. Typo?

Alan

doggle

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
He'll be very grateful and happy that you're there. You will have a lovely, interesting day. And when you get that first glimpse of him in uniform.....it's very special! Let us know all about it. And in the meantime, get saving for Pass Out!

Mumofthree

Reaction score
I know it's Friday thank you but I am staying for the weekend hence why I put weekend

I don't know about talking but when he finished his PRMC he didn't stop talking from the minute we picked him up at the train station to the minute we got home (1 hour journey) so who knows.

You're right about Passing out parade we will definitely be saving for that as noone wishes to miss that one.

Thanks

Harleydavidson17

Reaction score
Safe travels mumofthree - hope the train journey is ok and you will enjoy having your nod all to yourself! We have a ten/eleven hour drive so splitting it over two days.

Mumofthree

Reaction score
Safe travels mumofthree - hope the train journey is ok and you will enjoy having your nod all to yourself! We have a ten/eleven hour drive so splitting it over two days.

Wow that's a fair old trek too. I'm sure the journey will be very peaceful for me