Introduction

Rubina

Reaction score
Good day lads, I'm just a new member of the group, and just wanted to ask if the commonwealth are still eligible to apply for the Royal Marines or no . Thank you.

Chelonian

Reaction score
Welcome. Plenty of information, trainingb tips and debate on the forum. Just dive in.
Hopefully someone will be along shortly to give you a definitive answer to your question.
Meanwhile... as far as I am aware those living in Commonwealth nations are eligible to apply (subject to citizenship status, etc.).
I'm unsure of the current timeline for female applicants as it apparently changed towards the end of 2017.

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Good day lads, I'm just a new member of the group, and just wanted to ask if the commonwealth are still eligible to apply for the Royal Marines or no . Thank you.

Yes commonwealth are still eligible.

Is it for yourself? If so, have you attempted a PJFT? What’s your phys like?

Rubina

Reaction score
Yes it's for myself and I have not attempted any of that yet.

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
My mile and a half time is 13 mins.

If you want to join the Royal Marines, you are going to have to get faster. That’s alright for the Army, but it’s not good enough for the Marines.

You need to be able to get comfortably under 10mins 30secs. After doing 1.5 miles at 12mins.

What sort of routine do you do?

ERFC

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! As Threadpigeons explained you're going to have to work to get that running time down. 10:30 may be the minimum but you want to be smashing that in order to make the course as easy as possible. I'd say sub 9 mins 45 is what you want to be comfortable hitting otherwise you'll seriously hang out on PRMC and not do justice to yourself.