Introduction

EcruNW

Reaction score
Hi

I'm 15 and will be applying for royal marine reserve once I hit my 16th birthday. I've been waiting and training for ages. I'll be applying to join RMR Merseyside, Manchester detachment. Would be nice to know someone who's there.

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Hi

I'm 15 and will be applying for royal marine reserve once I hit my 16th birthday. I've been waiting and training for ages. I'll be applying to join RMR Merseyside, Manchester detachment. Would be nice to know someone who's there.

Welcome, get stuck in. How’s your phys looking?

Just double check that you can join the RMR at 16, I am sure I remembered something about Reserve forces recruiting at 17 years and 6 months at the youngest.

Is there any reason why you chose RMR and not regulars?

EcruNW

Reaction score
Phys is looking alright but improving steadily, I will give updates on this when I believe it is of high standards.

I believe that you can start training at age 16 but I am unsure as to whether I could finish training til before age 18.

I want to go to college before joining the regulars, and I need something to do until then so RMR seemed the best option.

Thanks for the welcome.

EcruNW

Reaction score
Welcome, get stuck in. How’s your phys looking?

Just double check that you can join the RMR at 16, I am sure I remembered something about Reserve forces recruiting at 17 years and 6 months at the youngest.

Is there any reason why you chose RMR and not regulars?

Forgot to quote aha