Confidimus

Reaction score
Hi,

Really looking forward to getting some advice on how to gain my Maroon Beret

;)

Chelonian

Reaction score
Really looking forward to getting some advice on how to gain my Maroon Beret

Welcome. Plenty of advice, comment and debate here, some of which could be described as tri-service.

The profile of forum users is broad. There are a few blokes on the forum who are Parachute Regiment trained ranks, at Depot Para, or training to pass PRAC. Best of luck.

Confidimus

Reaction score
Thank you for being so polite Chelonian, especially given I was taking the *text deleted*.

I want my green lid more than ever now

Caversham

RM Commando, Crossed The Bar 13/12/2020
Reaction score
If you want advice on anything, then ask away, whether it is RM related or concerning any of the other services.

If you want to take the piss then try ARSSE. You will get subject matter experts by the bucket load on there.

Alan

Confidimus

Reaction score
So many disagrees, and here I thought my would-be-fellow Bootneck's had a sense of humour, No?

Okay, I'll shuffle off this mortal forum;)

Caversham

RM Commando, Crossed The Bar 13/12/2020
Reaction score
So many disagrees, and here I thought my would-be-fellow Bootneck's had a sense of humour, No?

Okay, I'll shuffle off this mortal forum;)
More humour than you can shake a stick at, but also coupled with respect, which this forum is renowned for.

Best wishes for your future

Alan

Confidimus

Reaction score
.. but also coupled with respect, which this forum is renowned for.

Like the respect you showed to ARRSE?!

Renowned? That's a big word.
Getting the feeling the respect you want is that of jingoistic reverence and a strict adherence to your arbitrary rules.

Ballista

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Like the respect you showed to ARRSE?!

Renowned? That's a big word.
Getting the feeling the respect you want is that of jingoistic reverence and a strict adherence to your arbitrary rules.

You need to sort that attitude out. You're talking to two blokes who have spent several years on this forum helping out lads like us get our green berets, and you immediately get defensive and hostile when you're gently told that your opening joke wasn't very good.

Probably best to just put this behind you and be more constructive in future. I start recruit training in 3 weeks and likely would never have got this far without this forum.

Chelonian

Reaction score

As much as I admire cheek and attitude neither trait stands up if someone spits out the dummy when politely challenged. Anyone traumatised by a few forum 'disagrees' should perhaps reflect and consider being less thin-skinned.

The forum has a reputation for being well moderated. The very few rules are focused mainly on Personal Security and on users demonstrating respect—not "reverence"—to other users. There is evidence of plenty of robust debate in many threads.

This forum can help you with your career aspirations. I'll go out on a limb and suggest that you make a fresh start here.

Best of luck whatever though.

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Stand back lads, we have a hard man with a keyboard.

Considering I have some good mates in the paras, fair play if that’s the route you want to do.

If you want a bite we will give you one. But its hardly an insult. Oh no, someone we don’t know is considering joining an Army Regiment. Oh my god. However will I cope. I don’t think I will be able to finish my rum.

Oh the calamity.

Wind it, you smear test.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Funny old thing, I was only just remarking last week that we hadn't seen a user of this nature for a while, @Confidimus.

It's almost an "Ah Mr Bond, ve hav been expecting you" moment. :)

Generally, unlike ARRSE (of which I'm a big fan & active member, as are many of us), whilst we enjoy a giggle, for which I thank you, our purpose is to help & advise potentials rather than willy-wave and trade insults.

What we do see occasionally, and I suspect may have happened in this case, is people who aspire to join either have mates or relatives already in the Corps.

The trouble there is we are projecting to future potential recruits rather than engage in Bootneck banter prematurely.

If you are genuinely joining the Corps, kick back & relax, we're here to help.

If you simply want to cause a rumpus, that's fine too because, despite your being 117 years old, our site software can readily identify your true ID. :)