Introduction

F_W_m0

Reaction score
Hi All,

In the final year of my degree and aiming to be on the September '18 Batch. Did my POC in October and then passed AIB at the end of January so now just waiting for FSB in June and hoping I did well enough to get selected.

Cheers

Caversham

RM Commando, Crossed The Bar 13/12/2020
Reaction score
A warm welcome to you. You seem to be well on your way to achieving your goal. Plenty of advice around, including the POC section.

Good luck

Alan

D

dodgyknees

Hi All,

In the final year of my degree and aiming to be on the September '18 Batch. Did my POC in October and then passed AIB at the end of January so now just waiting for FSB in June and hoping I did well enough to get selected.

Cheers

Really well done on getting through AIB and POC, you should be really proud of your achievements to date. Just the nightmare 4 month wait to look forward to. Hope it goes well for you.

F_W_m0

Reaction score
Thank you both of you.

Do either of you have any tips or info you'd recommend to someone before they started training (apart from fitness)? I know its still a way off and not even certain I'm in but should I be selected as part of the batch I want to hit the ground running and start as I mean to go on.

Thanks

Caversham

RM Commando, Crossed The Bar 13/12/2020
Reaction score
Thank you both of you.

Do either of you have any tips or info you'd recommend to someone before they started training (apart from fitness)? I know its still a way off and not even certain I'm in but should I be selected as part of the batch I want to hit the ground running and start as I mean to go on.

Thanks
Mentioned it many time on here, but learn how to use an iron. Scores of threads on here from Nods in RT Foundation who suffer from lack of sleep, due to being up most of the night washing and ironing their kit. Many concentrate solely on their fitness prior to starting RT, but fail to recognise the importance of personal admin.

Secondly, learn the basics of map reading. Plenty of threads on here with links to the initial steps to take in learning this skill. Do that and you'll avoid the accusations of "Never trust an officer with a map!" ;););)

Good luck

Alan

D

dodgyknees

Bit of PT but keep yourself healthy, try not to thrash yourself and pick up a niggle. Alan is right, get on top of your admin; get used to doing things for yourself. Lastly and most importantly, get away and have some fun. Sep to Christmas is a bit of a 'extra phys' so try and enjoy yourself and relax; getting to CTC in a good place mentally will hold you in good stead.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Mentioned it many time on here, but learn how to use an iron. Scores of threads on here from Nods in RT Foundation who suffer from lack of sleep, due to being up most of the night washing and ironing their kit. Many concentrate solely on their fitness prior to starting RT, but fail to recognise the importance of personal admin.

Secondly, learn the basics of map reading. Plenty of threads on here with links to the initial steps to take in learning this skill. Do that and you'll avoid the accusations of "Never trust an officer with a map!"
Spot-on.

A few years ago we had an officer candidate that was sponsored by the Corps through sixth form, followed by a Bursary at Uni. Five years financial support. He left YO training five weeks after starting. "Too much personal admin".

F_W_m0

Reaction score
Ah awesome, thank you to all of you. Thought it would be along the lines of admin and ironing, I'll make sure I get on that. Thank you