Introduction

spicey66

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Hey all!

I’m 25 just moved over here from Australia, been here about 6 months hoping to earn my green Lid.

I have just passed my PJFT and hoping to do my PRMC around the end of July.

Anyone doing theirs around then??

MozzaLUFC

Reaction score
Hi pal, I havent got any dates yet but i should hopefully be doing my second attempt around then, maybe start of august.

spicey66

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Awesome mate sounds good will keep you posted on the dates! Did you come close in your last attempt ?? Any advice?

MozzaLUFC

Reaction score
Awesome mate sounds good will keep you posted on the dates! Did you come close in your last attempt ?? Any advice?
did ok points wise, got 20 points which is 1 point shy of a grade b pass. But i got pulled off of the bottom field, mainly because i just wasn't fit enough, my legs were completely giving out and i threw up a huge breakfast. I'm confident that ill pass this time because all my scores are better than last time and my overall strength has improved a lot.

So advice i can give is, about a week or 2 before i recommend trying to get up at 5 or 6 am and train at 9/10 am. otherwise u will struggle, i only got about 2 hours sleep on the first night, partly due to nerves and partly due to not being used to getting to sleep for 10pm. and training wise i reccomend having some kind of leg endurance circuit if u havent already. for example i do 10 sets of 10 squats, 10 lunges, and 10 24 inch box jumps as fast as i can without break. this will help alot with coping with the abuse your legs get on bottom field.

that guy 27

Reaction score
How hard have you found the application? I'm starting it soon and been in Australia for a while.
I'm assuming I need to get AFP checks ect but is there anyting else?

spicey66

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
did ok points wise, got 20 points which is 1 point shy of a grade b pass. But i got pulled off of the bottom field, mainly because i just wasn't fit enough, my legs were completely giving out and i threw up a huge breakfast. I'm confident that ill pass this time because all my scores are better than last time and my overall strength has improved a lot.

So advice i can give is, about a week or 2 before i recommend trying to get up at 5 or 6 am and train at 9/10 am. otherwise u will struggle, i only got about 2 hours sleep on the first night, partly due to nerves and partly due to not being used to getting to sleep for 10pm. and training wise i reccomend having some kind of leg endurance circuit if u havent already. for example i do 10 sets of 10 squats, 10 lunges, and 10 24 inch box jumps as fast as i can without break. this will help alot with coping with the abuse your legs get on bottom field.

Awesome mate thanks heaps for the advice ! I will definitely take that on board with the morning training sessions and the legs circuits.

All the best with it mate

spicey66

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
How hard have you found the application? I'm starting it soon and been in Australia for a while.
I'm assuming I need to get AFP checks ect but is there anyting else?

Hey mate I have actually found it really good so far to be honest !

I applied the first week of January this year and I have been slowely going though the motions since that.

In regards to your paper work you just need to make sure you have all of your birth cirts and what not and make sure they are the originals! Are you doing it on a passport ??