Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.
  1. Knight_1987

Knight_1987 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Hi everyone. Great website and informative in every aspect, thanks to the moderators and members.

I’m 31 years of age and failed my PRMC this week. Failed on the first day on the VO2 MAX test, but requested to stay on with the course until Friday which I haven't regretted. I recommend anyone, who unfortunately fails in any day, to stay on and show the heart and determination and never give up, as it’s a one in a life experience.

Loved my time there with course and the Corporals and especially the WO2. Will be back for round 2 sometime in the Summer :cool:

2. StrSam

StrSam New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Hey Man thanks for the post!
    I have my PRMC booked in for May, so I have a few questions for you, if you don't mind -

What was the Corp knowledge questioning like? Did any of the lads struggle with it?

How was day 2 for you? (Endurance course etc) did the combat boots effect you much?

Why do you think you failed the bleep test? Failure to practice the test beforehand, or just overall fitness?

Thanks in advance mate! Trying to gain as much information as I can

• Like Like x 1
  3. Knight_1987

Knight_1987 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Hey man, good luck with your PRMC on May and I hope you will love your experience as I did.

We didn’t do a Corp knowledge test when I was there, but I still got prepared for it anyway so it’s up to you if you want to be prepare for it or not but probably it was scrapped. With the bleep test, I never done one ever before and was the first time I done it, as I was suppose to do it in school but I bunked school that day -banghead- Although when they told me to come off the bleep test, I wasn’t even huffing and puffing and remember to run at your own style and will.

I wasn’t allowed to go with the course and do the endurance course as I failed the bleep test, although I passed on the other tests apart from retrieving the brick underwater. But from what I heard from the lads it was tough for some although some did enjoy it and I’m sure I would of too, as coming to those challenges I will thrive in them no matter what is thrown at me.

Boots made a massive impact on my running through the bottom field as I’m a very fast runner but very light coming in at 65kg and the 60km winds didn’t help at high obstacles and even was blowing a heavier lad than me off the high wall obstacle. I recommend bringing insoles and blister plasters or whatever that will suit you. Also just be a aware that you might need to climb that tall obstacle on bottom field and not crawl underneath it as shown on the hints and tips on YouTube and if you don’t like heights then teach yourself to not be afraid as it’s very high. Main note is to land on both feet and don’t be afraid to fall into the water, as I did on the first obstacles around 4 times but kept going back for more.

Hope this helped and the last note I want to say is that the worst part of the whole 4 days for me wasn’t waking up at 04:30 or cleaning or doing phys, it was actually shaving -nailbiting-

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  4. StrSam

StrSam New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Thanks for the reply mate - i'll be sure to let everyone know how I do.

Yeah I saw before that someone else didn't mention the knowledge questions. I'll still revise for it just in case though.
    I think the bleep test is partly about practice and learning how to do everything efficiently. It's the test i'm most nervous about (as well as the 1.5 return)

Thanks for all the advice. I'll definitely be bringing some insoles and plasters and also some tape just in case. Have you booked your next PRMC yet? I wish you all the best!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Knight_1987

Knight_1987 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Yeah mate preparation is key to the PRMC and I know I’ll be ready for my next PRMC as I know what to expect from the bleep test and everything else.

About my next PRMC date I emailed my AFCO to see what’s the next step, but the WO2 adviced me to come back in 2.5/3 months times. Thanks for the wishes man and all the best with your PRMC and one last thing, never give up, no matter ;)

• Like Like x 2