Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.
  1. cbmc

cbmc New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Long time lurker here on the forum, decided to finally sign-up so I can interact with the bunch.

Passed my psychometric a month ago, was recommended I give RMO a bash because of my score. Since then I've been smashing my phys to get up to the exceptional RMO standards but progress is slow, making little improvements to PJFT times at this point.

Going to change things up and focus on training for times using Arnys workout. I've seen that some lads have been given a PRMC pass if they dont make the RMO standards. My only question at the moment is that, if I give the phys training everything and dont pass for officer, would I get a PRMC pass and continue that way instead?

Cheers

2. dodgyknees

dodgyknees Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    A PRMC pass is not automatic if you attend POC but do not get through for officer. It depends on what stage you drop out and whether or not you have displayed enough of the core values to be considered as a marine. Most of the guys that get through to the end of the POC do, however, achieve a PRMC pass.

At this point I would recommend you look at both options and decide what you really want to do. There is a large difference in role between Officer and OR and you should have a clear idea in your mind what you actually want to do rather than what you have been advised to do. If it is a Commission you seek but don't make it as a RM YO, why not try the Army or Navy? If joining the RM as either an Offr or OR is the most important thing, again, this is fine. Just don't go into the process without having done your homework and end up training for a job you neither understand nor enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  3. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Welcome. Others will no doubt answer your specific question.
    On the topic of PJFT consider focusing on defeating each physical challenge as it presents itself.

Some mistakenly believe that road running alone will allow them to defeat the treadmill. Hours spent now on the treadmill should give one the confidence to exceed that requirement and move on to preparing for the challenge of POC or PRMC.
    Arny's plan is a proven winner.

• Like Like x 2