Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Introduction.

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site' started by Jonno1987, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Jonno1987

Jonno1987 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Evening all,

I have signed up to Royal Marines forum to gain an insight into training hints and tips for passing the PRMC. I have my PRMC booked in 9 weeks time and would like to align my training and make it more specific with the help of those who have undertaken this element of training previously.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Jonno1987

Jonno1987 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Something I forgot to mention in my initial post is that I am going RMR. Am I correct in the thinking that reservists and regs will conduct a joint PRMC down at CTC, or will they be separate? Apologies if this question has been done to death, I have literally signed up within the last 20/30 mins

Cheers

3. Johnny_Anonie

Johnny_Anonie Moderator

Welcome to the forum and thank you for taking the time to post a decent intro.

There is absolutely bags of information on here. Have a good rummage through the forum and don’t hesitate to ask a question if you cannot find an answer. You are setting of on a good path mate, best of luck.

4. rocoma121

rocoma121 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    As far as I'm aware, there are PRMC(R)'s for only reservists, and reservists can also be loaded onto a regular PRMC if they request it. I don't know what the default is.

5. Jonno1987

Jonno1987 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Thanks for the update mate. I was under the impression that there used to be a separate PRMC(R) for just reservists & these would usually be carried out at a local detachment.
    However, I did hear a whisper that this process had now been scrapped & hence the reason reservists would conduct their PRMC down at CTC. I was unsure how the training team/PTI’s at lympstone would split up the course, or wether reserve and regular recruits would amalgamate and undertake the course together

6. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

I understand that PRMC(R) courses have been held at CTCRM from this year rather than at regional locations. The post linked below and other posts in the same thread might be informative:

https://www.royalmarines.uk/threads/rmr-recruitment-process-timescale.116382/#post-664573

Regular PRMCs are currently being held on a weekly basis. I'd guess that PRMC(R)s might be separately run courses because of numbers. But logic suggests that maximum versatility would be achieved by RMR candidates and Regular candidates attending the same courses. Hopefully someone on here might confirm.