Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site' started by Apex, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Apex

Apex Former RM Commando

Hello, was directed to this site by a fellow Royal who attends the veterans breakfast club in my area. London boy, born in 1951 so I’m maybe slightly older than some of the users here by a smidge. Completed RM Deal and joined 42 Cdo RM in 1970. 1972 applied for SBS selection, which I failed on test week.
    Posted to 40 Cdo RM in 1975. Re-applied for SBS selection, passed hills and RTU’d on completion of Jungle due to injury. Did not reapply. 1980 left RM. 1987 joined RMR London/ Oxford Detachment.
    Service- Op Banner x 2
    GW1 (RMR attached to 45).

• Like Like x 4
  2. sharpe

sharpe Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Parent
    Welcome to the forum. I’ve really enjoyed reading your posts so far, some fantastic insight and perspective. Great cross section of people on here and a few of us closer to your age. Son is in (hopefully) the last few weeks of RT, final ex tomorrow

3. Apex

Apex Former RM Commando

Thank you Sharpe. I will be honest, I was not aware initially that this was primarily a recruitment website. What I think is magical is I joined the Corps forty nine years ago this March. A lot as changed, by George has it but the message of grit and determination remains the same. I will screw my neck tightly in now and let the younger pups help out with current advice but I will remain an avid reader of this website.
    Good luck to all who dare to apply.

• Like Like x 1