Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site' started by rmm17, Jun 30, 2020.

1. rmm17

rmm17 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Hey everyone, I'm 18 and currently in the process of doing my medical. I know this is my first post but I've been a member on here for a while and found this forum to be an invaluable resource! Quick question, I am in the position where I will be passing my medical shortly but will need another good 6 weeks before I feel I'll be ready for VPJFT due to not being able to train recently for various reasons. Is it possible to request dates this far away or are they only booking applicants in slots two or so weeks away. Will I have to wait closer until I'm physically ready to book or can I book a slot that is that far away now. Cheers!

2. Steeplejackb

Steeplejackb Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    I am at roughly the same point as you and my CA has told me that i'm only getting booked in for a VPJFT+ when i have told him I can do 4 rounds. So don't worry, you won't be pushed into booking the VPJFT+ until you are ready.

3. rmm17

rmm17 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Thanks mate that's awesome cheers for the response! And does he want you to be able to do 4 rounds as you are going for an officer role or does he just want you to be confident? Cheers!

4. Steeplejackb

Steeplejackb Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Not going for officer mate, think he is just encouraging good fitness and the best chance of passing ROP.

5. rmm17

rmm17 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Ah I see mate makes sense. How are you going about preparing for it if you don't mind me asking? Cheers!

6. Steeplejackb

Steeplejackb Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    I am still doing arnys plan, fitness is fitness and the commando aptitude assesment will involve an RMFA, which i assume will be very similar to the one done at PRMC. So even with the relatively easy standards to get onto ROP, the goal is still to be getting 65 press ups, 85 sit ups and 16 pull ups and a sub 9 return on the 1.5 mile return run. I plan on making ROP as easy for myself as possible.

Only change I've made to arnys plan is doing a full RMFA one week and a mock VPJFT+ the next week.

• Like Like x 1
  7. rmm17

rmm17 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Ok cheers mate appreciate the response!