Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.
  1. HoldFoldEm

HoldFoldEm New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Hello all,

25 year-old here looking to apply next year or two (depending on recovery time from surgery).

I've used the search function quite a bit actually and got a lot of useful information but couldn't find a definite answer regarding one query I have.

I have bunions in both feet, with one being more severe than the other, a surgery is definitely required which hopefully will be happening soon. The question is if I do the surgery and all is well, that being I provide the recommended training diary, opinions from medical professionals, will having the surgery immediately exclude me from entry?

One more question if I may, I've had quite a bit of work done in my teeth, crowning the majority of my upper teeth and a few fillings + 2 removed teeth at the back of my mouth, what are the dental limits say 'max amount of teeth missing' and would an implant be a recommended choice if there are indeed limits?

Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  2. HoldFoldEm

HoldFoldEm New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I do seem to have not included much of an introduction in the initial post, so here it is :)

Always wanted to join the military since I was young, no support from parents regarding joining and the bunions held me back as I knew they would perhaps exclude me, I've spent most of my adult life in Finance (except a year in construction) and the COVID-19 issue made me redundant, which gave me enough time and fresh air out of the office to reflect on what I truly want in life and I don't want to grow old knowing I never at least tried to become a Marine.

Fast forward those few years working in Finance I've become a bit stiff of course but still well-built at my height (164CM and 74KG) , so focusing on the mobility, flexibility for now whilst clearing all potential issues such as those bunions and any tooth issues.

Best of luck to any other entrants or potential entrants!:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Welcome. Plenty of information, comment and debate here so just dive in.

I met some seriously dentally challenged people in the service and I don't think a thorough dental examination is a part of the entry process. Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong on that one. @The guide will know.

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  4. HoldFoldEm

HoldFoldEm New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Hello Chelonian, thanks for the welcome! Indeed there is a boat-load of information here, I also have a slight case of Jumper's knee thanks to squatting heavy for a long time coupled with bunions, and found some of the best exercises and Youtube videos pertaining to recovery here.

Thank you re the Dental info, I'll still be doing as much work on them as possible to reduce my odds of being TMU'd or PMU'd given the bunion hurdle.

If I may ask another question of the older lads here, those being 25+, what would you say is your best tip regarding injury-resilience? We do handle injuries slightly slower than our younger compatriots, I've been focusing on mobility and flexibility as those seem to be the most likely areas of injury.

Thanks and good day to all.