Introduction

Squarepants

Reaction score
Hi I'm recently new to the site. I've had my interview but I've got a call back this Monday to check my fitness level. Had my phone talk with capita went well they have to check with my gp with a burn I had when I was 16 nothing major. I'm a bit in the dark about vjpft and ROP, any advance on etheir would be really appreciated like what target you have to hit on Vpjft.

Many thanks

Peppers

Reaction score
Hi,

I’m pretty far through the initial joining process now so hopefully I can help. I’ve not actually done my vPJFT yet but I’m pretty close to booking the session. I’ve got my medical exam at the end of August and then my AFCO is going to get the ball rolling on my entry on to ROP.

As far as I know the vPJFT is a circuit of:
20 Burpees
30 Sit-ups
20 Push-ups
1 min Plank
And you repeat that 3 times with good form and without breaks to an audio track (can be found on YouTube).
I’ve heard that the criteria is something like “you should be able to complete it without being totally gassed out” and expect to be asked to complete a 4th round. Although, the 4th round isn’t necessarily a pass or fail so, as ever, just give it everything. (I think I also read about there being some sort of strike system for each round)

What I know about ROP is, firstly, you’re loaded to a batch as spaces become available as with PRMC. It’s 4 weeks of basically training you to function as a recruit and to give you a foundation of fitness. It has tests like with the PRMC. The idea is to reduce the “shock of capture” effect that foundation has on new recruits and to reduce the risk of musculoskeletal injury during training.
As far as entering actual RM training, as I mentioned, there are tests for aerobic fitness, strength and basic swimming ability. If you fail you have choices of
a) leaving
b) transferring to a role in the Royal Navy
c) restarting the 4 weeks and retestagain at the end. (I think you can only do this a max. 3 times)

That’s pretty much all I know. Hopefully I didn’t cover too much you’ve already heard about. There are some really good threads on here about both vPJFT and ROP that have some solid info.

Peppers

Squarepants

Reaction score
Thank you that's great info about the vpjft. I just need to work in my form for Burpees and sit ups then can book the test.

Good luck