Introduction

Rheebound01

Reaction score
Hello

I am an applicant from New Zealand (NZ citizen) who has applied to join the RM a month or two ago.

Looking forward to it all

Tikkitoby

Reaction score
Welcome mate! Im from South africa, how did you find the application process?

Rheebound01

Reaction score
O.K so far, but my medical forms have been stuck in customs at Heathrow Airport (UK) for 2 weeks now...
Really hoping that if everything goes smoothly, I could be off to the UK at the end of the year.
How about you?

Tikkitoby

Reaction score
Ah thats unlucky about the medical forms they will pull through eventually.
Im still unable to apply as Im only 17 untill October but chomping at the bit to get going. I plan to be joining up next year around March or so. I have heard there is a 6 month interval inbetween sending the application and starting RT.

Rheebound01

Reaction score
Word of advice mate, if youre commonwealth, apply AS SOON AS you turn 18.

With the army, I applied when I was just 17, found out I had to be 18. Applied the day I was 18 and they had filled out on spaces and advised me to wait until APRIL 2021. You should be fine with the marines though I reckon.

Tikkitoby

Reaction score
Thanks mate! Appreciate the heads up. Unfortunately i applied already in March earlier this year and they have postponed the date of my next application to November.

Rheebound01

Reaction score
Don’t think of it as a negative. The fact they postponed it means you’ll have a shot at least. The army jerked me around telling me I wouldn’t have to wait long then they whipped out the 14 month wait (Until spaces opened up) and I was just so fed up so went with the marines.