Introduction

Shaky Bambi

Reaction score
Hi,
22 Year old uni student, looking to sign up in late 2021 after graduation.
I've wanted to join the military since the age of 15, but I let the opinions of my family sway me away. Took a while to break that foolish mindset that others can dictate my choices for me, but we're here now. Looking forward to cracking on with it all!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Hi,
I've wanted to join the military since the age of 15, but I let the opinions of my family sway me away. Took a while to break that foolish mindset that others can dictate my choices for me, but we're here now. Looking forward to cracking on with it all!
Welcome to the site and best of luck in achieving your career goal and gaining a decent degree enroute.

To be fair to your family, their intentions were most likely made with your best interests at heart.

As a parent myself, my son was pretty much guided down the degree path by his school. My own thoughts were that a graduate apprenticeship in his chosen field (computer science), would be the better option in terms of work experience and cost.

The upshot is that he's graduated and had a £37k job offer as a software engineer and with his preferred company. It just goes to show that careers advisers don't always know best, either :)

Murk

Reaction score
Hi,
Similar situation to me, I've finished uni and preparing to apply next year. Best of luck!

Shaky Bambi

Reaction score
Welcome to the site and best of luck in achieving your career goal and gaining a decent degree enroute.

To be fair to your family, their intentions were most likely made with your best interests at heart.

As a parent myself, my son was pretty much guided down the degree path by his school. My own thoughts were that a graduate apprenticeship in his chosen field (computer science), would be the better option in terms of work experience and cost.

The upshot is that he's graduated and had a £37k job offer as a software engineer and with his preferred company. It just goes to show that careers advisers don't always know best, either :)
Thank you!

Yeah, I don't hold any animosity towards my family because of it - they're only looking out for me.

Frostwisk

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm also looking too sign up late 2021....I do wish u the best in your studies and maybe we'll be passing out in the same batch after training :D