Introductions

DDh

Reaction score
Hello my brothers in 256 Troop holding to get added to parents and partner section, any ideas on how I do this?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
A very warm welcome to the site, we hope you find it useful.

Actually that's a first - generally we restrict membership to parents & partners purely because it's a mutual support network that enables individuals to air their concerns and seek advice from those in the same position.

Generally the siblings of those in training are of a similar age and better off using the main forums as they are very often eligible to join the Corps themselves. It's appreciated the same is increasingly more likely that the same applies to partners, but for the time being at least we'll restrict membership to parents and partners rather than include additional family members as it's a tried & tested formula.

I am aware there is a completely independent parent & partner support group on Facebook, which many people on this site are often invited to join. But, we would strongly caution that most people post under their real names and the group cannot offer anonymity to the recruit in training and, similar to the forum, there's no cast iron guarantee that the membership consists entirely of people who are actually what they claim to be.

Perfectly happy to start a family subforum on here if there's sufficient interest.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Just to add, the Corps do have recruit troop training diaries, but I'm not sure how current they are: https://ctcrm.wordpress.com/category/royal-marines-recruit-training-diaries/

Interestingly, I note the wordpress website has reactive advertising and when I viewed it, it was plastered in adverts to join the Army - It would be interesting to see if other people visiting this link found the same because, if so, I suspect the Corps may wish to revisit this.... @RMDO ? If no longer used, it may need taking offline.