iraq and afghan.

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
hi,
Iwas wondering how many people we have in iraq? Is the main reason were there oil?

Afghanistan why were there is this war on terror?

Thanks.

Ulick

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I ask why shouldn't countries be there for oil, with out it everything stops....this whole "no blood for oil" stuff is all well and good untill the modern world comes to a screaching halt...IMHO :wink:

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
I can't really say whether we are there for the oil or not as I honestly don't know. However I would say that if there was a country we should be stepping into to stop a dictator who has killed thousands of his own people, then let it be Zimbabwe.

Zimbabwe has declined since we left and now can't feed itself, personally a much better cause than Iraq in my opinion and a country whose people are still hugely loyal to the UK. A mission that I think could be achieved without a shot being fired.

GW

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
CommandoJ said:
hi,
Iwas wondering how many people we have in iraq? Is the main reason were there oil?

Afghanistan why were there is this war on terror?

Thanks.
Rather than go into a lengthy dialogue, your questions are very valid & it is important to understand the full background.

For the "Full Story" one of the very best websites on these subjects is the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) official website.

Again, as GW says, there are countries possibly more deserving, but the FCO website gives the official reasons.

mrdlewis

Reaction score
wikipedia has some very good articles on afghanistan since its 2001 invasion and also Iraq since 2003. There are also some useful links on thier to follow up some of the stories.