Is it a good idea to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AVS

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Do a mock PJFT today when my legs are still recovering from Saturdays Hill sprints?

They aren't in pain, it's just that soreness you get when you train something you havn't trained for a while, It has subsided and I dont generally feel it when running, just alot when stretching.

I could just do some interval training instead, but I would like to get an idea of where I am, but not if it is at a risk of injuring myself even in a small way, anyone had a problem with it in the past?

Cheers.

VTomasi

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Do a mock PJFT today when my legs are still recovering from Saturdays Hill sprints?

They aren't in pain, it's just that soreness you get when you train something you havn't trained for a while, It has subsided and I dont generally feel it when running, just alot when stretching.

I could just do some interval training instead, but I would like to get an idea of where I am, but not if it is at a risk of injuring myself even in a small way, anyone had a problem with it in the past?

Cheers.
It just sounds as though you're a bit sore from training - I feel like that most days, to some degree haha.

Do a nice gentle long warmup, some dynamic stretching and then crack on.

AVS

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Well yeah I know im sore from training o_O
Cheers mate, In the past I'd either leave it or just run with it, but now I'm into my application, wouldn't want to risk it if it was infact a risk.

Mingmong

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Only you can tell mate. I know that's the most frustrating answer possible but you don't have to feel guilty if you don't do it. Its far better to have a lighter day and then try and smash it a day later.
Why not go for a swim or get on the bike then nail you PJFT tomorrow. A days not going to make a difference to your fitness but it will to your times if you recover properly.

VTomasi

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
You should be able to feel what is simple muscle soreness, or a potential problem.

Painful joints are a warning, painful tibia (shin bone).

However, extreme muscle tightness can potentially cause muscle pulls or even tears. If your muscles really do feel that tight, take it easy with a light warm up and stretching, that's all. Hot bath and some foam rolling will also help.

AVS

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Failed my run, I got 1 mile into the first 1.5 and had to stop due to indigestion, didn't have the heart to carry on, I think I will try again tommorow, and see if I can get the willpower, but I hate Treadmills.

Right now I'm feeling like I'll have no problem tommorow but while I'm doing my damn run, I lose the will to carry on, thought generally I do carry on, got to get my head straight :doh:

Red Bull

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Muscle soreness is not a problem. But dont go and do a hard session. Do a 4 mile jog or something. Just to keep your body ticking over and the blood circulating to aid recovery of those muscles.

AVS

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Well If I don't do a PJFT tommorow, I might as well leave it until Thursday and do my Interval training until next Tuesday, which I may do anyways seeing as if I do run tommorow it will be at 8pm, we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.