Is it possible to defer entry?

uberleetcapacop

Reaction score
I was wondering if you could tell me whether it is possible to apply and then defer the POC. Ninja idicated in another post that after an interview your attempt at entry might be delayed so you can adress some weaknesses, is it similarly possible to delay as a personal preference?

I think I jumped the gun a bit and I have this application form in front of me, however I've managed to get hold of some valuable work experience that will take six months. I'd presumably look like a total tit if I sent the form off six months after getting it, similarly if I asked for another form in six months, so I was wondering if it would be possible to go through the initial steps, minus the POC so that in six months when my work is over I can go straight for RM without going through the whole process of applying again.

Help much appreciated, despite the obvious naffness of my planning.

Ghod70

Reaction score
On the front of the application for comission there's a part where you can put in dates when you'll be unavailable for a POC so you could put in the date between now and whenever your work finishes. I'm putting mine for between now and December so that I can have some time to get in better shape as well... But maybe Ninja could tell you a better way of doing so.

uberleetcapacop

Reaction score
Ah ok cheers, if it is on the form it is probably a pretty standard thing to do, I'll get them in ASAP and talk with the local Recruiting Officer.

I applied for work 40 miles from where I'm living so I can cycle several hours a day, six months should get me a bit fitter...