Is running in the cold bad????

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Chap at college said that running in the cold is bad for your chest because of cold air and that.... is it true???

cheerss (Y)

S

Sotiris

Whether it is or isn't it's not going to make a difference for us hehe.

But yea, cold/hot air is bad for the lungs.

Duffy1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Don't worry about it mate-it's not *text deleted* do you any harm, just dress appropriately. *text deleted**text deleted* the weather-get out there, do your phys and smash PRMC!

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
Chap at college said that running in the cold is bad for your chest because of cold air and that.... is it true???

cheerss (Y)
Regardless what you think you cant get "colds" form being cold or wet.

So just enjoy the british weather

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Also, I dunno if this actually works. But according to the physics you should be able to run faster in the cold. Like car engines work better with cool air as it is denser.

I dont know though, Im sure there are other variables to factor in.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
Also, I dunno if this actually works. But according to the physics you should be able to run faster in the cold. Like car engines work better with cool air as it is denser.

I dont know though, Im sure there are other variables to factor in.
It works in cars becasue cold air is denser, which makes the fuel burn hotter for a bigger bang.

Thats what turbos are for, they use the exhaust outlet to draw in huge gulps of air. And i supercharger is the same but with the air chilled as its dragged in.

I used to love ridding my bike on a cool aired race track, christ i could gain another 10bhp on the back straights, and brakes wouldnt cook as half as quick.

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
It works in cars becasue cold air is denser, which makes the fuel burn hotter for a bigger bang.

Thats what turbos are for, they use the exhaust outlet to draw in huge gulps of air. And i supercharger is the same but with the air chilled as its dragged in.

I used to love ridding my bike on a cool aired race track, christ i could gain another 10bhp on the back straights, and brakes wouldnt cook as half as quick.

I even notice the difference in my car, a fiesta hahah, when I drive off early in the morning in winter for work, and when its hot in the summer.

Yea, I know about the cars though was chatting about the stuff with the human body, because as the air is denser, more o2 can diffuse quicker across the membrane in the alveoli, not sure though, just guessing.

I want a turbo. Superchargers on cars dont run off the exhuast gases. They are run by a pulley on the crank, so dont suffer lag but do drain power from the engine in the first place. On cars, on most turbo setups the air is also chilled with an intercooler.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
Yea, I know about the cars though was chatting about the stuff with the human body, because as the air is denser, more o2 can diffuse quicker across the membrane in the alveoli, not sure though, just guessing.

I want a turbo. Superchargers on cars dont run off the exhuast gases. They are run by a pulley on the crank, so dont suffer lag but do drain power from the engine in the first place. On cars, on most turbo setups the air is also chilled with an intercooler.
*text deleted* had a few turbos, all good fun....thing i hate is sitting and waiting when *text deleted* stopped before i turn the engine off. I need a timer to be honest.

*text deleted**text deleted* a car any way, get a motorbike. It beats any turbo car out there, *text deleted* totally bolloxed 911 Turbos no hassle. Nice GSXR thou, full system.....Power Commander, nice set of BT002's. And a 911 will look like a scooter.

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* had a few turbos, all good fun....thing i hate is sitting and waiting when *text deleted* stopped before i turn the engine off. I need a timer to be honest.

*text deleted**text deleted* a car any way, get a motorbike. It beats any turbo car out there, *text deleted* totally bolloxed 911 Turbos no hassle. Nice GSXR thou, full system.....Power Commander, nice set of BT002's. And a 911 will look like a scooter.
Id absolutly love a bike, but I dont have time or money for it *text deleted*. A lad I know has got a civic which is fast enough to play with bikes. Got an engine built up in the states running 600bhp. And got a 100bhp shot of nitrous. 0-60 timed run at santapod of 2.8 seconds *text deleted*.

I remember once in my car I was driving along, and had a bike come up next to me on a dual carriageway, I looked at him as he came by, just checking his bike out, think it was a ninja something. He must of though I was challenging him *text deleted* he just looked at me, put his right hand down and was just gone. Mentally fast. Anyway, best stop clogging this thread up, I might make a post in the jollies with some pics of my car.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
Id absolutly love a bike, but I dont have time or money for it *text deleted*. A lad I know has got a civic which is fast enough to play with bikes. Got an engine built up in the states running 600bhp. And got a 100bhp shot of nitrous. 0-60 timed run at santapod of 2.8 seconds *text deleted*.

I remember once in my car I was driving along, and had a bike come up next to me on a dual carriageway, I looked at him as he came by, just checking his bike out, think it was a ninja something. He must of though I was challenging him *text deleted* he just looked at me, put his right hand down and was just gone. Mentally fast. Anyway, best stop clogging this thread up, I might make a post in the jollies with some pics of my car.
*text deleted**text deleted* it i dont mind, *text deleted*......bikes are the be all end all. Im driving a SLK280 at the moment.....nive pokey V6 (ill post some pics later). But still no where near as sexy as my Gixer before i binned it.