Callum

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Everything.

Sayyy...

Royal Marines.
Paratroopers
RAF Regt.

My question being, if I failed the Royal Marine's Medical, would I fail the RAFRegt Medical.

RAFRegt being my backup/

Callum

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted*, didn't see that.

Thanks alot lads.

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
your backup

I was thinking about a backup to marines, more really if I fail PRMC or really cant manage RT. Why have you chosen RAF reg as your backup? is the training any easier than the CTC? why do you feel you may fail medical? as long as you got no physical ailments you'll be fine, its all simple stuff. they check for wheezing when you breath and make sure you can blow out fairly hard, they listen to your heart and make sure its not having an arrest! they check you can see and hear, they check your back and neck don't click too much, they make sure you're taller than a midget and weigh more than one. then they ask all the questions about things you're allergic to, major accidents and surgery, medication you're on, which is all completely pointless *text deleted* by now they should already have your medical history from your doctors!

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
If you can't get in the elite you'll join the civilians in uniforms.. That's a new one.. As for the training, if you can cross the monkey bars at a park you've passed! It's really easy and I've out-exercised a few RAF Regiment guys and I'm by no means a good runner and my upperbody strength is merely average.

Anyway, why would do you think you'd fail a medical?

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
Everything.

Sayyy...

Royal Marines.
Paratroopers
RAF Regt.

My question being, if I failed the Royal Marine's Medical, would I fail the RAFRegt Medical.

RAFRegt being my backup/

From experience the Army / RAF Medical is probably more undeciding....on the basis you have to rely on your doctor to fill in the form. That i think is the stupidest thing i have ever heard.

Royal Marines as you know have a private doctor, which is much better in my opinion!

Word of advice!! MAKE SURE YOUR SQUEEKY CLEAN

a lad that was there when i was at my medical and he failed because his ears were dirty! he he

I know some one who waxed and shaved his Bolloxed and all other remaining hair as a joke when he went to his medical Dr didnt see the funny side, but he past.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
What's wrong with a bit of pube admin?

He's not the sort of guy youd imagine to shave his bollox, in fact the guy is the hardest bastard *text deleted* ever met. Bloody good Marine with 42 Commando.

"Foxy McCaw".....you know who you are you dirty boy.

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Well he's a marine *text deleted*, almost all marines shave, trim and style their pubes!

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Had my medical yesterday, had barely even sat down and the Doc came through to get me so no wait what so ever.

Had a laugh though,when he told me to strip down and replied telling him that he was very forward usually i would have to buy atleast a drink to get this far, he burst out laughing, closed the curtain and stayed laughing the whole time i was getting undressed.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
Had my medical yesterday, had barely even sat down and the Doc came through to get me so no wait what so ever.

Had a laugh though,when he told me to strip down and replied telling him that he was very forward usually i would have to buy atleast a drink to get this far, he burst out laughing, closed the curtain and stayed laughing the whole time i was getting undressed.

Were you hitting on the Doc? he he......