Is there anything like millin in marines ? ?

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
In the paras there's millin, is there anything like this in the marines ?

Trademark

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
nah marines are smart enough to dodge and block,
only jokin i couldnt tell u, never heard of it in the marines mite just be kept quite tho

S

Sotiris

There was that "scandal" a couple of years ago wasn't there?

Where a bunch of Marines were beating the crap out of each other stark naked..it was filmed.

Or maybe I'm completely wrong? :blink1:

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I remember that was in the paper, I couldn't remember if that was marines or army though.

akerfish

In RT
Reaction score
yeah i remember that. it was marines. it was an innitiation ceremony or summit. they were all naked mud wrestling and fighting. one refused to fight and was kicked in the head and knocked unconcious *text deleted*. but it aint as bad as the army where that guy got a sword up his ass at deepcut barracks *text deleted*

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Nothing like millin in the Marines, although sometimes different sections in your troop might have the odd wrestling match but it's only banter and nothing is ever thrown in anger.

akerfish

In RT
Reaction score
dont really know much bout the sword in the arse thing. just heard it in the news bout 3 years ago. there was alot of bullying and abuse going on at deepcut barracks and one of the stories that came out was that one soldier getting bullied had a sword shoved up his arse. *text deleted* ithink it was a sword or a knife maybe. woteva a 'saber' is?

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
threre is a reason behind it, controlled aggression or something like that, I forget.

M

MTW

yea but aggression is what the paras is all about, and it is pretty mindless but they are really.

Trademark

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
by the way, i heard there is millin in the special forces as test, but there is not head/face guard and is bareknuckle
just for the guys lookin to do special forces

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Well its better in a controlled environment...though fist boxing is not my thing. By the way are they taught unarmed combat as part of Army basic training? I remember hearing about some 80 year old guy who was in the SAS flooring 3 20 year old guys in Germany with the hand to hand techniques he'd been taught.

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Millin

In the paras there's millin, is there anything like this in the marines ?
The paras call it millin, but in the Corps we more logically called it boxing.

I recall us all getting in the boxing ring during basic training and battering ten bells out of its other. It was good character building stuff. later I went on to be a boxer and thoroughly enjoyed the extra physical training.

Question: Who's the only world boxing champion to win the title and crap in the ring???

Answer: It was a dog called Rover, it won the crufts title and crapped in the winners ring at the end! *text deleted*

Cheers

Steve

AdmiralAwesome

Reaction score
Apparently, they call unarmed combat in the SAS 'jap-slapping'.

I wouldn't mind doing something like milling. Judging by my performance at to the death bouncy castle wrestling last night, I'd be pretty good at it.

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
The paras call it millin, but in the Corps we more logically called it boxing.

I recall us all getting in the boxing ring during basic training and battering ten bells out of its other. It was good character building stuff. later I went on to be a boxer and thoroughly enjoyed the extra physical training.

Question: Who's the only world boxing champion to win the title and crap in the ring???

Answer: It was a dog called Rover, it won the crufts title and crapped in the winners ring at the end! *text deleted*

Cheers

Steve

could you tell us a story about the boxing in the marines ?

New Threads