Is There?

JG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
a programme what i can follow for getting upto standards before my PRMC thanks, i think im fit enough but i would like to take my fitness to the next step thanks

JG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i appreciate your help mate but i was wondering if there is anything on here what a member as made?

rmc_86

Reaction score
a programme what i can follow for getting upto standards before my PRMC thanks, i think im fit enough but i would like to take my fitness to the next step thanks
I feel like this would help me out as well, I am rubbish at trying to make up my own with running swimming and cycling. I sort of just do them when I feel and its not consistent and I feel I'm not getting anywhere:(

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I was given a programme by my fitness tutor who is ex-army, i never really used it myself because im not one for programmes but he does it and well hes bloody fast and has good stamina.

(this programme was used to suit my week schedual the days you do are up to you)

Fitness Programme:

Mon:
Circuit training - press ups, sit ups, pull ups, sprints etc
200 press ups, 200 sit ups (to be done spaced out througout the day)

Tues:
3 miles in 25 mins or under - off road if possible

(feel free to change time to whatever you wish its just i used to run it in 25)

Wed:
Interval session - 1 min jog then 30 second sprint/run do for 30 to 45 minutes

Thurs:
Circuit training as monday/gym work

Fri:
Hill reps - this is were you find a steep ass hill then over 100 or so meters sprint up then jog down (jog down is rest period)
do 5 reps then 1 min stop rest then 4, 3, 2, 1. (do not have to do all reps, you can miss out 3 and 2 so its 5,3,1 or something)
or 3 mile run in best time

Sat:
Rest

Sun:
Long run lasting 1hr - 1hr 1/2

This programme was designed mainly to help my running, you may wish to include a bit more upper body work its ups to you obviously

Oh and let me know how the programme works for you

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
but what i do now is litrally force myself out the house to do a run everyday whatever the time and no matter how tierd i am and i also go XC mountain biking friday and saturday and i also make up rules such as do no less than 30 press ups every time i do any and do 30 press ups when i leave my room or half way through programme or whatever and i went from 39 press ups, 60 sit ups, 0 pull ups, 1.5 in 14 mins and 3 miles in 25 mins to the stats below

(ok the pull ups may not be great but im pretty heavy)