Is this alright to do for now?

bhanzz

Reaction score
so I’ve got a little knock on my knee and it’s clearing up but I don’t want to aggrevate it whilst it’s healing, so I’m not running at all.
So for the past week, and the next 2 ish (until my knee feels 100% again) I’ve been doing this:
15KM on either the Bike or Rowing machine at the gym.
Then 10 sets of press ups - 5 sets are the style that I need to do at PRMC , then another 5 sets are a different variation I.e wide grip press ups, or feet higher than chest.
10 sets of sit ups - Same goes for above ^
10 sets of pull ups - Same goes for above^

Then I do around 15-20 minutes of cardio on the Cross Trainer.

How’s this sound for now? Anyone got any ideas I could add into the routine?
Thanks a lot!

Chelonian

Reaction score
...I’ve got a little knock on my knee and it’s clearing up but I don’t want to aggrevate it whilst it’s healing, so I’m not running at all.

Resting an injury is not a sign of weakness; it indicates a smart attitude to training. Best of luck.

Hyperhippo

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, as said resting is smart.

Although having a quick look at what your doing, 15km rowing? Have you started this yet? If not. you will be rowing for an hour plus. If your are then fair play, but thought I’d just bring this up in case your limited to time when training.

I think you’d be better off trying to row a sub 20 minute 5km - and then whilst your recovering your knee you can work to bring that time down to give you a short term goal. Or another one I do is 30 minutes max. distance, and each time try and beat your last effort.

Hope this helps

bhanzz

Reaction score
Hey , no I hadn’t actually started rowing until today’s session & I see what you mean!
I done 7km instead since I didn’t realise how demanding 15KM would be.
Thanks for the heads up though wish I had’ve seen this reply before I went to train!

Yep, as said resting is smart.

Although having a quick look at what your doing, 15km rowing? Have you started this yet? If not. you will be rowing for an hour plus. If your are then fair play, but thought I’d just bring this up in case your limited to time when training.

I think you’d be better off trying to row a sub 20 minute 5km - and then whilst your recovering your knee you can work to bring that time down to give you a short term goal. Or another one I do is 30 minutes max. distance, and each time try and beat your last effort.

Hope this helps