Is this how to do marine press ups 2

S

Sotiris

Aye,

Hehe but you're not wearing a backpack with 40lbs inside...failure!

Joke!

sooty795

Reaction score
yes!

need to make that bed for room inspection!! *text deleted*

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have problems keeping your back straight while doing these?

I can now bang out about 20 but I find it hard to keep my back straight.

Joe

chelseafc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i have problems keepin my back straight when i start *text deleted* tired normally around 35

akerfish

In RT
Reaction score
the reason you guys have trouble keeping your back straight is because of poor core body strength. try to do more exercises that strengthen your lower back and abs. eg core rotations, romanian dead lift, farmers walks (also does legs and stamina). situps and chest raises etc. that way it is easier to keep your back straight. also try superman pushups and see how far out you can get your arms within 3 weeks. that really does your core strength. eventually you might end up like my mate, his core strength is good he can do pushups, body straight and lifts his legs off floor aswell the only thing in contact with groung are his hands in pres up position and the rest of his body comes off the floor. but hes a pro breakdancer *text deleted*

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
the reason you guys have trouble keeping your back straight is because of poor core body strength. try to do more exercises that strengthen your lower back and abs. eg core rotations, romanian dead lift, farmers walks (also does legs and stamina). situps and chest raises etc. that way it is easier to keep your back straight. also try superman pushups and see how far out you can get your arms within 3 weeks. that really does your core strength. eventually you might end up like my mate, his core strength is good he can do pushups, body straight and lifts his legs off floor aswell the only thing in contact with groung are his hands in pres up position and the rest of his body comes off the floor. but hes a pro breakdancer *text deleted*

klkl but can anybody tell me if my back is straight enough *text deleted*.

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
Your back looks pretty straight,
but your knees look slightly bent,
could just be 'cause you're in loose joggers though.

Joe

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Your back looks pretty straight,
but your knees look slightly bent,
could just be 'cause you're in loose joggers though.

Joe

yeah the joggers are loose, my knees wernt touching the ground just the material of the joggers are.

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Thats why weightlifting can be useful...I've never had a problem keeping my back straight.