is this ok?

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
got my PB last night with my 1.5m

9mins 58secs

is this any good any advice on how to improve it?

CJ

SamForrest

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Was that on the road mate? Its a good time,although just scrapping the barrel for the PJFT. I done a 2.4k on the treadmill today,but i choose to do it after 30mins of intense cardio on the rower/bike,and i cracked out 9.40 ish,so i was fairly chuffed. I find timming yourself on certain things is better done when youve already been working out,makes it more realistic

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Alright mate, that is a pass on PJFT, but ideally you *text deleted* be going faster. To improve you can practice the 1.5 miler. Also some longer runs, say 3 milers will help.
Id suggest you doing some sessions, say 1200 meters, at about 90% effort, have a 3 minute rest, then do it another two times. So three in total. Then up the distance as you get fitter. To give you an idea of the times to do this in, and something to compare it to, I currently do 3X1800 meters, about 7 minutes for each one. And PB for the 1.5 is 8:30 but this was in bad weather, I reckon could maybe get 8 minutes now.

Also see your at the same sorta stage in the application process as me, keep up the good work, when you looking at doing your PRMC?

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Im looking at the end of may, but not sure as Ive got exams start of June, so not sure. Will discuss it when I have my interview tuesday probably.