Is This Possible

Roy Brown

Reaction score
My uncle tells me that a few years ago he wanted to become good at running. He tells me he went down the gym hopped on the treadmill and ran for 30 minutes at an 8 km/h pace which obviously is pretty *text deleted**text deleted*. He tells me he went on the treadmill religiously four times a week every single week and every two weeks he would increase the pace by 0.5 km/h but still ran for 30 minutes every time. He tells me eventually he got to 19 km/h pace after about a year which he says means he can run almost 6 miles in 30 minutes! So what i would like to know is this possible. Surely if you could do something pretty simple like that to become really good at running everyone would do it. Or is my uncle talking out of his *text deleted**text deleted*.

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds good to me if you have all the time in the world to get fit, unfortunately some off us dont and have to train like a motherF@ker.

Roy Brown

Reaction score
Exactly mate. I know it's not really got anything to do with Marines as most of us don't have years to get fit and also with the Marines you have got to be good at press-ups pull ups sit ups and a range of different running distances which is much tougher. I just know that everywhere else on the internet will give me crap answers and the only genuine answer you get is on here. PRMC rocks!

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I was planning on applying in my last year for uni (as officer), so I do have years to get fit! That's why I still weight training, but have been doing progressive running and circuit training.

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds very similar to what i used to do for my cycling , But i used to ride behind my dad while he drove the car infront of me and i had to stay as close to the car as possible for 20 minutes an then so on, we manged to get it up to 32 mph which was okish.

J

Jason_A

I haven't been on a good cycle for a long time. I think I'll get my bike out and go on one next week.

To answer the OP's question; treadmills are not really to be used as a replacement for road running.