Is this the correct date?

Jamie

Reaction score
Just asking as i start RT on the 14th of jan and i thought troop intakes were every other week at the most

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Yep sorry Jamie, you right my mistake. The first course in 2008 is the 14th of January. Now fixed and rectified.

Cheers GreyWing

JK

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Would be good to see a few lads from here to start RT on this date!

including me :P

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i hope to be on this date jus waiting for my prmc date which will be in a month hopefully if it all works out ill be in =D

Jamie

Reaction score
does anybody know hat troop number this will be?

james

Reaction score
where u from in llangollen Jamie????? i live the oswestry side of chirk, wat were the chances of that ahh???

Jamie

Reaction score
hello mate.. I live in pengwern.
Are you from the wrexham AFCO? they didnt mention anybody going from around here

james

Reaction score
No im with the shrewsbury office, i *text deleted* know why cause wrexham is so much closer, wen did u do *text deleted* prmc???? Ive never heard of pengwern. Wat training u doing at the min before we go in???????? how old are u now????

Jamie

Reaction score
I did my PRMC all the way back in May but i had to stay in my current job for a while.
I just go to BMF Wed, Sat. Running Mon, Fri. Swimming on a Tues. And usually take the dogs for a long walk in the hills on a sunday. I only get chance to train after work at the mo so dont get much time but I finish work on December 14 so will have a month off to step the training up abit.

Im 23 now mate, knockin on.

Hows your training going, Feeling confident?

james

Reaction score
Yeah my training is good, i finnished my work a while back now so i try to go to the gym every day or i go beating in the week, only sundays off. Im pretty confident bout the training, cnt wait too get there and get all the kit. Even jst going out on the first night in the field will be good, probably *text deleted* but i cnt wait.
The 1 bad point tho is i hav shin splints, not so bad now but i used to have it real bad. Hope that dsnt come back.

Jamie

Reaction score
Yea i feel the same mate, cant wait to get there and collect all the kit and start learning.
Have you been to see anybody about the shins?

james

Reaction score
yeah i had physio on them a few years back, it seems it was my bio mechanics, the way i walk apparentally. Its kinda ok now so il jst push on through it.

Jimbob1664

Reaction score
I thought you could get insoles if you got shin splints because of bio mechanics?

james

Reaction score
yeah i think u can, ive never bothered but i am *text deleted* get some for training. It dsnt really bother me much now, jst wen im on the treadmill for some reason, but roads r fine.

Jimbob1664

Reaction score
Had my pre- entry brief today, it's getting real now., nothing left to do but get down there.
How is everyone feeling about it?

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Nerves

Don't worry about any match nerves guys, its only natural.

Make sure you've checked Ninja's kit list out and here's wishing you all the very best of luck with your training.

Best Regards

Steve

Jimbob1664

Reaction score
Thanks Steve. I've just read that additional kit list and didn't realise we needed to take all that extra kit.
One week to go, trying to get everything sorted now. I wish I had finished work at Christmas, I don't finish until Friday. Is anyone else still working?

Jamie

Reaction score
I finished work a few weeks ago but i tried to save as much money as possible leading up to it to cover me over crimbo and new year.
Dont worry about the additional stuff to much, they make a point of giving us the list when we get there and sending us into town or the naffi to get it.

I've only bought a few small things off the list myself. I dont want to turn up with all the kit under the sun before they have even told us and look like a smart arse.

If you do want to get it though you can get most the stuff of these websites.
http://www.rvops.co.uk/
http://sofmilitary.co.uk/