Amphibious

Monday - Rest Day, Army Cadets
Tuesday - Strength Training, 30 Min Fartlek Training, 30 Min Rowing Machine
Wednesday - Circuit Training, 3 Mile Run
Thursday - Rest Day, Army Cadets
Friday - Strength Training, 30 Min Interval Training, 30 Min Bike Machine
Saturday - Circuit Training, Progress Test
Sunday - Strength Training, 3 Mile Run

All Week - Randomly doing Marine Press Ups, 10 a time, about 10 times a day.

Warm Up
10 Minute Run
Press Ups and Sit Ups
Stretch Major Muscles

Circuit Training
Press Up
Abdominal Crunch
Squat
Triceps Dip
Twist Crunch
Lunges
Dorsal Raise
Reverse Crunch
Calf Raises

Progress Test
Max Press Up
Max Abdominal Sit Up
Bleep Test

Strength Training (Free Weights, will get harder when I start going to gym again)
Barbell Bench Press
Dumbell Shoulder Press
One Arm Dumbell Row
Dumbell Curl
Overhead Triceps Extension

Cool Down
10 Minute Run
Press Ups and Sit Ups
Stretch Major Muscles
5 Min Walk

A

Amphibious

Im 15 and I don't want to damage my self, so advice would be good thanks.

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Im 15 and I don't want to damage my self, so advice would be good thanks.

Yeah 30 minutes of fartlek is stupid. 30 minutes of fartlek would seem like 30, 40 sprints, which is way too many.

I do about 10 minutes of fartlek, or a quick warm up then do about 8 hill sprints and I'm done on that department!

Footballers can probably do 30 minutes of fartlek though, their Vo2 Max is incredible.. the way they sprint the whole lenght of a pitch and they are not even gasping...

A

Amphibious

*text deleted* okay, well I am quite fit and I used to play footy, and my Fartlek goes like this, repeating itself.

50% speed Jog (2 min)
70% speed Run (1 min)
Backwards (1 min)
Sprint (20 sec)

I repeat that 6 times with some walking at the beginning and end.

Ben-wales

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
sounds abit too much, i spoke to a friend who is a personal trainer, she's got me to do two diffrent stages, so monday all upper body stuff like pressups, weights, pull ups etc on one day, then the next day running, next day do upper body, and the next running as you need to give your worked muscles 24 hours to relax and mend to get good results

so if you went for a long run and started to do press ups etc then it would be a waste as your all engergy will be zapped, and your not giving your body time to recover

it might sound wrong to some but since doing this ive noticed diffrent results as to running 8 miles a day and also doing pressups and weights etc

also eating right too, within 20mins after exercise to get protien down you to help your body recover , i use this stuff from asdas, only £1 a pouch or £8 a bottle SiS (Science in Sport) Limited REGO recovery ! im eating more chicken and tuna etc, feeling much better for it, but as people will say, it works diffrent for everyone

hope this helps a little

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* okay, well I am quite fit and I used to play footy, and my Fartlek goes like this, repeating itself.

50% speed Jog (2 min)
70% speed Run (1 min)
Backwards (1 min)
Sprint (20 sec)

I repeat that 6 times with some walking at the beginning and end.

Well really I can't judge your program on you at the moment, I don't know what your fitness is like...

Bleep test?
1.5 miler?
3 miler?

And strenght training? Well I just keep to circuits now, use to go down the gym and one I was quite bulked up but I've pretty much lost all that bulk now.

A

Amphibious

Bleep Test - 13.13 (20 meter one)
1.5 Mile - 8 mins 30
3 mile -18 mins

A

Amphibious

Ben, the deal with the push ups is that I can do loads of normal ones, but I suck at marine ones at the moment, and I am guessing you do pushups daily in marines so thats why I am doing that.

Thanks for the post.

Ben-wales

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
as for the marine style push ups, just keep at it mate, like everything, starts off hard but with pratice it will get easyier

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Bleep Test - 13.13 (20 meter one)
1.5 Mile - 8 mins 30
3 mile -18 mins

Mate your fitness seems good, no need to ask for advice at that fitness. Just keep up what your doing but if your body needs rest, let it rest!

foggers

Reaction score
You could just use this Royal Marines Commando - Training Tool and if you click on training schedule it will give you a good workout which you can add your own other exercises and adapt it to fit your workload/school schedule.

Using it for the circuit training things and I seem to be doing okay so far.

A

Amphibious

Cheers Adz, thanks for the help.

Yeah I have seen that before Foggers, but I don't have a pull up bar or box at home so I had to vary it a bit.

Cheers

foggers

Reaction score
I don't have anything to jump onto either and don't have a pullup bar at home but thankfully there's one in my park so I do them after my run.

You could try and find a sturdy branch on a tree and do pullups, might be better as you aren't using a bar and using more of a beam type thing that RM use.