Is time on my side?

DeathBySexy

Reaction score
I passed the psychometric test a little while ago (more like a long while ago) and foolishly thought getting hold of my medical records so as to fill in my medical form would be swift and simple. How wrong I was. Months later I finally managed to kick my GP into some form of action but it's still going as fast as a marathon through waist high treacle. They don't appear to know what they're doing, considering the NHS website makes it pretty clear I should be able to get them within 21 days, no hassle.

My main concern is how long do I have to get the medical forms sent off? I already feel it looks like I'm taking the piss some what. Is it recorded? Does anyone care? Is time on my side? Has anyone else had such a grating issue just trying to get them for the same purpose?

Until I can resolve this I guess I have more time to strengthen and study. I would loathe to think I would have to take the tests again because I've spent so long verbally wrestling my doctor for my own files.

Cuzza22297

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
An NSRT pass lasts for 3 years so you don’t need to worry about needing to take it again.

Chelonian

Reaction score
They don't appear to know what they're doing, considering the NHS website makes it pretty clear I should be able to get them within 21 days, no hassle.

Welcome.
Accessing one's own medical records should be a straightforward affair. Particularly as there are rules regarding the permitted time from formal request to delivery. I'm guessing that you already know that bit.

Delays sometimes arise because GP surgeries are geared towards delivering primary health care rather than facilitating the career ambitions of those on the practice list.

My best suggestion for speeding up the matter is to personally visit the GP practice and deploy polite charm and empathy on the admin staff about the dozens of genuinely sick people taking up their time.

I apply to access medical and social care records as part of one of my jobs and it is a fact that polite charm can move an access request from the bottom of the pile to the top. I have also shamelessly bribed GP practice staff with cake and biscuits. Quality biscuits, not the Iraqi ones from Poundland.

DeathBySexy

Reaction score
Asclepius smiles upon me. I successfully wrangled a form from a receptionist (that's the first out of three receptionists and one doctor to understand "Can I get a copy of my medical records, please?") with exceptional politeness, earlier today. And fantastic news about the time.

Ask and the universe will provide... or something.

Thank you guys, I can sleep easy another night.