isit just me?

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
but do you guys think its alot easier to acheive your running times like 19 mins on a tread mill? than trying to run it on concrete or grass?

BIGD

Reaction score
Mate do you run with an incline when your running inside on the treadmill! I think an incline of 1 or 2 kind of replicates runnin outside!

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yeh i do i mix it up and stuff i just think its easier on tread mill to be honest ..the thing is im not a strong runner but i can do my 2 miler on road in 21 mins but cant seem to get it down

Gaz

Reaction score
It is easier mate, I find that. But you got to get used to running outside cause thats what it is in RT.

BIGD

Reaction score
My runnin isnt great either mate, my best time for the 3 miler is 19.46 and thats on a treadmill! I think 21 min out side is a good time! When you hopin on doin prmc!

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Guys when doing your 3miler .... have you tried running it outside like its done @ prmc?? i.e The first 1.5 miles out in 12mins 30 and then the last 1.5 mile best effort ??? At least it'll give youa rough idea of how you'll preform and give you a rough guide on how to work at getting your time better! Throw in some interval/sprint work with your runs, that should help.

Gaz

Reaction score
I've never timed myself on a three miler. Been doing a few test's on the treadmill for my PJFT but thats it. Getting just over 9.30mins. Done it a couple of times outside too and got roughly the same. Is a lot different outside, harder!!

BIGD

Reaction score
I think its harder outside to, not just because of resistance and wind etc but also because its up to yourself to set the pace and not the machine! Runnin on the treadmill is easier on the joints though!

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
its easier...........but i find it more boring on treadmill...and now i really hate going on them

plus road running you can map the run out i your head thus making it feel not that far.

paddlequack

Reaction score
Treadmill is basically doing the work for you as the ground is moving for you so if you stop your obviously *text deleted* fall off, where as outside the only thing propelling you forward is yourself and if you slow down or stop then it's a bit different.
Although i find treadmills hard to run on as i get shin splints from them nearly every time i run on them :S

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
plus when your putting you sprints in during your running on the road....it really does you in compared to treadmill.

viva la road!