It can't come quick enough.

gedro

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Right, after trying to think of things why I wouldn't want to re-join the RM over the last few weeks, I have come up with no ideas atall, safe to say, its what I want to do, like most people around my area my life is going nowhere and I ain't getting any younger at 22 and a half, I was in RT last year but opted out for the wrong reasons and went a bit wild after realising that I'd thrown away my dream and got in bother with the law, would of re-applied to rejoin sooner but an unspent conviction was stopping me, now thats 'spent', I'm going to go and speak to the AFCO this week and get the ball rolling. Can't wait to get back down there. How long is the application process going to be this time? provided I pass everything.

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Can't answer your question, but I know how you feel when things can't come quick enough. But good luck to you in your future endeavours.

daz665

Reaction score
like most people around my area my life is going nowhere and I ain't getting any younger at 22 and a half

Tell me about it, I'm nearly 21 and got exactly the same. When I chat to friends/people at my work about their ambitions they never seem to have any. Stuck in a dead end job, earning not far off minimum wage.. yet they seem happy and have absolutely no plans to sort themselves out! Guess it's pointless worrying about other peoples lives though..

Hopefully soon I will be able to get away from this dump that's filled with idiots (where I'm from, not the world! :bigsmile:)

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
All my mates want to 'live the dream' of having a beer bell being a office worker going out every night getting p*ssed out their tree and doing that for the rest of their lives, like someone else said, its much better to have a good job with lowish pay than a sh*t job with lots of pay.

I just want my RT date as soon as possible!!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Assuming you submitted PVR to leave whilst in Recruit Training, there's a few things to consider:

Firstly if you submitted PVR, the Corps may well have placed a caveat stating you may not re-join before a set period has elapsed and MUST have been recommended for further service - the AFCO cannot process you beforehand.

Secondly the criminal conviction must be fully spent & you must be able to prove the conviction is spent.

Thirdly: Before you may be processed, you must provide your previous service discharge documentation and last pay statement. The AFCO will apply for your Medical & Service records- this can take 6-8 weeks. A letter is then sent to Captain Naval Recruiting (CNR) requesting "permission to process" your application. (Again another 4 weeks average.)

After this your application is processed normally, with any time-expired elements of selection repeated. You cannot be allocated an entry date until after you have successfully completed PRMC & your security clearance (SC) is fully granted. Often our SC may not be submitted until after your completion of PRMC. (Be aware SC can take around 8-10 weeks).

If you didn't finish RT, even if you got to week 31, if you pass PRMC you will start again at day one, week one.

Good luck.

gedro

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Ninja, I'll go for a chat tomorrow and see how it goes.

Illustrious

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Ninja, not to step on any toes but we had a lad on our PRMC who got to week 16 and then left but decided to rejoin. They offered him the chance to get stuck straight into week 16 if he wanted.