ITV News

D

Deleted

I know I haven't posted in a while, but did anyone see ITV News just then?

It was about an Army Lance Corporal (I think) in Wigan, who was randomly pinned to the floor three men, then had his face rubbed into the tarmac. He bit one of the men in an attempt to get away. Then got punched in the face 8 times.

He'd served in both Iraq and Afghanistan, and he was pinned to the floor because of mistaken identity.

Did I say that the three men were Police Officers, and they charged him for assaulting them?

I had respect for the police around here, now I can't really say I do.

Callum

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Police are generally arrogant *text deleted**text deleted**text deleted*s anyway, really.

Nacnud

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yeah i watched it.
Ok.... if this mistaken identity was someone very dangerous, possibly about to commit further crimes, I can understand pinning him to the floor with 3 police officers, but rubbing his face into the tarmac? wtf? its not a bloody interrogation. As for the bite, I reckon anyone would do it if your skin on your face was being scraped off and you were going to get even more badly injured if you didn't do anything. And punching 8 times in the face? If they want him unconscious, they can use a flipping taser, not a fist.

I hope these police officers get jailed and sacked or something.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Brute force - three police officers beat up handcuffed Iraq war veteran - mirror.co.uk

Opposition MP's being arrested, Police beating people up on the streets, Trillions in debt, nope wrong answer it isn't Zimbabwe.

These officers will have lied under oath in a court of law to convict this chap, one word is where they should be for lying in court as police Officers "Prison", assaulting this guy is the least they should face.

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Absolute disgrace!

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Makes you wonder what you want to fight for really....

D

Deleted

That link is exactly what I'm talking about GreyWing. I watched the CCTV footage on TV and was totally gobsmacked.

It was one person though, Peter Lightfoot, who carried out the attack. He deserves jailing. The other two police officers deserve punishment aswell though, they should've told their superiors about it, and shouldn't have lied in court.

Watching that footage got me really frustrated.

kit-kat-man

Reaction score
i know a few people in or trying to get into the police force and they are all drop outs from selection of armed forces for being to fat old bill are C. U. N. T. S

jim87spencer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
generally police are unfit, power hungry *text deleted**text deleted*s.

HHHNNN

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry but most police are NOT like this.

Ever seen hot fuzz

New Threads